Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Bayne Paradigm Monitor 7's with Axioms - 09/26/07 06:17 PM
A friend of mine--no, really, this story's true--has a pair of Paradigm Monitor 7 towers. He's now thinking of going to a 5.1 set-up and is debating whether to go with more Paradigm's or switch to Axiom's based on what he's heard from mine. How well do you think the two Monitor 7 towers would integrate with a VP150, 2 QS8's, and maybe an EP350?
Posted By: Mojo Re: Paradigm Monitor 7's with Axioms - 09/26/07 07:41 PM
Bayne,

If he's in Calgary, can't he just bring his to your place?

He can bring them to mine. I have the wiring in place for a second set of fronts. My pay-off would be I'd get to compare Paradigms to Axioms.
Posted By: Bayne Re: Paradigm Monitor 7's with Axioms - 09/26/07 07:56 PM
That's an option that hadn't occured to me... D'oh!

When he's ready to make up his mind, we'll have to give that a try. We're both in the North East, so when we do it, you're welcome to stop by for a listen.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Paradigm Monitor 7's with Axioms - 09/26/07 08:04 PM
Thanks. That sounds awesome! I'll bring the Rickard's White. Man, that's good beer, eh? Ooops...I think I hear Peter coming to ream me out for not taking this to the beer thread .
Posted By: Hutzal Re: Paradigm Monitor 7's with Axioms - 09/26/07 08:12 PM
when are you all doing this? I should bring by my M22s!!
Posted By: Bayne Re: Paradigm Monitor 7's with Axioms - 09/26/07 08:50 PM
Probably November. I want to get my new HT seats and have the AVR properly calibrated first. My M2's just arrived in town as well, so I need to get those wired in before the Denon arrives in a few days. Also, the Toshiba HD-A35's are supposed to start shipping in a week or so, so I'll also have some hi-def movies to audition on the 118" screen for this as well. I'll be sure to send out an invite to all the Calgarians interested in some (audio) experimentation at my place.

A warning: If you come, you must love cats. We have two of the most affectionate ones on Earth. All the delivery guys know them by name...
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Paradigm Monitor 7's with Axioms - 09/26/07 09:24 PM
The Axiom floorstanding speakers are a closer match to the Paradigm Studio series, the Monitors are a grade below, so not sure how they would blend with the center, Q's. The subwoofer should not be an issue for blending.
Posted By: Mojo Re: Paradigm Monitor 7's with Axioms - 09/26/07 10:49 PM
We need the Axiom A/B switcher for this! And an acoustically transparent cloth from Parts Express . And I need to bring more beer.
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Paradigm Monitor 7's with Axioms - 09/26/07 11:08 PM
When I get my M80s I will be using my four Monitor 9's as a 7.1 setup . Rock the house!! Want to fly to Peterborough, Ontario?
Posted By: jakewash Re: Paradigm Monitor 7's with Axioms - 09/27/07 12:47 AM
Quote:

Come on over to my house this weekend, as I already have the M60s and M22s hooked up, and all 4 on at the same time is incredible! Also have the VP100 and VP150 working as well! Just bring your EP500 for me.
Posted By: Hutzal Re: Paradigm Monitor 7's with Axioms - 09/27/07 02:07 PM
Quote:

Quote:

Come on over to my house this weekend, as I already have the M60s and M22s hooked up, and all 4 on at the same time is incredible! Also have the VP100 and VP150 working as well! Just bring your EP500 for me.

are you going to run a dual centre channel?
Posted By: jakewash Re: Paradigm Monitor 7's with Axioms - 09/27/07 03:16 PM
I might if I can figure out a new room layout, as the speakers are not quite as aesthetically pleasing near the fireplace as my wife nor I would like, also there isn't enough room, a speaker sitting on the mantle below the TV covers the remote sensor. And if I can't figure out a new layout the M60s may have to go back! but I could then get the EP500!!
Posted By: BigRed Re: Paradigm Monitor 7's with Axioms - 10/11/07 10:24 PM
This is a perfect thread. I am trying to get subjective opinions on how Paradigms compare to Axiom. Please post after you guys test these out.
© Axiom Message Boards