Axiom Home Page
Posted By: 72mustang screw size for MT80 rubber feet? - 10/11/07 07:19 PM
Anyone have the exact size of length and screw size to install the rubber feet on a set of MT80's? Can these be purchased at anywhere or are there "specific" feet right from Axiom that MUST be used? Stupid question.. but was told by someone who says that the feet were specifically designed for proper resignence (sp?) and vibration to allow the speaker to funtion perfectly. I wonder what drug he was on that day?
Posted By: Mojo Re: screw size for MT80 rubber feet? - 10/11/07 08:50 PM
I very much doubt the feet were designed for proper resonance but it sure sounds very technical :-).
Posted By: Hutzal Re: screw size for MT80 rubber feet? - 10/11/07 08:56 PM
it has an alan key end, so it will be hard to locate at a retail store...Axiom may be able to send you a package of them...
Posted By: Haoleb Re: screw size for MT80 rubber feet? - 10/12/07 07:12 AM
I dont know what size they are, But you can easily find them at a hardware store. Ace has the best selection of nuts and bolts compared to home depot and lowes. You dont need to buy the ones with the allen head, although you could get some of those as well if you wanted. Ace even has a selection of chrome bolts, most of which are allen head if you wanted to go that route \:\)
Posted By: Wid Re: screw size for MT80 rubber feet? - 10/12/07 10:48 AM

The thread size is 1/4 20.
Posted By: 72mustang Re: screw size for MT80 rubber feet? - 10/12/07 12:20 PM
 Originally Posted By: wid

The thread size is 1/4 20.

YOU DA MAN. Thanks.
Posted By: Murph Re: screw size for MT80 rubber feet? - 10/12/07 12:25 PM
I always heard that putting a metal screw through your rubber could be unsafe???? Not to mention, could lead to situations that induce long term commitments that introduce WAF issues.
Posted By: Wid Re: screw size for MT80 rubber feet? - 10/12/07 09:48 PM

Your welcome
© Axiom Message Boards