Axiom Home Page
Posted By: BigRed Axiom vs Paradigm Millenia - 10/11/07 10:20 PM
Has anyone had the chance to hear Axiom speakers vs Paradigm Millenia speakers? I heard the Def Tech Mythos and Paradigm Millenia. I really liked the Paradigms. The Mythos had a high pitched hiss on the the same DVD and tracks. At $500+ per speaker, I am hoping to find a ID speaker.

Anyone?
Posted By: Mojo Re: Axiom vs Paradigm Millenia - 10/11/07 11:12 PM
I haven't but I just want to point out that the hiss wasn't added by the speakers. It was in the source material and the speakers were accurate enough to reproduce it. The speakers may have exaggerated the hiss though if they were highly resonant in that frequency range.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Axiom vs Paradigm Millenia - 10/12/07 02:39 AM
I've always felt the Axioms were much better than the studio lineup, can't help you on the millenia, sorry.
Posted By: Murph Re: Axiom vs Paradigm Millenia - 10/12/07 12:20 PM
I had a hard time telling apart my M60s from the signature series when I took them to a friends house for a comparison. You can search for a few of my posts for details but in short, I think the M60s should easily top the Millenia if I couldn't barely tell them apart from their top of the line series.

Of course, that's just a weighted guess, I have never heard the Millenia so it may not be fair to say. I'm also a much more educated listener now then I was then.

EDIT: Actually I can't remember now if he has the Studio or Signature Series that I compared them too. Either way, I think both are supposed to be a step up in their lineup from the Millenia so my comments still apply, as do my caveats.
© Axiom Message Boards