Axiom Home Page
Posted By: terzaghi another 'first axiom purchase' post - 11/09/07 11:25 PM
Well 6 months and 94 posts later I finally purchased my axioms!
I bought the following:
2 m80's
1 vp150
2 QS 8's
and 1 EP-500

all from the factory outlet.

I decided if I went with anything less I would eventually give in to the upgrade bug.

I should be receiving them in 2 weeks or so (hopefully). I also just bought the denon 3808 from 6ave.com. bought some 12 gauge speaker wire, 5 pairs of bananna clips for the denon end of the wire, and a sub cable from blue jeans cable.

Thanks to everyone around here. I have been roaming these forums since may... there is a plethora of information to be found around here. (always wanted to use that word in a sentence)

I can't wait to get my new speakers!

Be prepared for setup/calibration questions in the comming weeks.

EDIT: I meant to put this in the home theater forum... sorry!
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: another 'first axiom purchase' post - 11/09/07 11:36 PM
That's going to be an awesome system! Congrats!
Posted By: RickF Re: another 'first axiom purchase' post - 11/09/07 11:53 PM
Congrats!

You do know pictures are a prerequisite for hanging around the boards, it's in the rule book.

\:\)
Posted By: Mojo Re: another 'first axiom purchase' post - 11/10/07 12:03 AM
Congrats. Although you will have to upgrade to the A40s next year \:\) .
Posted By: jakewash Re: another 'first axiom purchase' post - 11/10/07 12:06 AM
Still room to upgrade as you are short 2 speakers, but it will sound great none the less. congrats!
Posted By: pickupmykeys Re: another 'first axiom purchase' post - 11/10/07 01:09 AM
Well it hasn't taken me 6 months nor 94 posts but your equipment selection looks like the conclusion I've come to. I too have ordered the Denon 3808 from Sixth Ave (thanks again mdrew). And I expect to be ordering 2 M80s, 1 VP150, 2 QS8s and 1 EP500 from the factory outlet sometime next week. My basement should be painted by the time they arrive.

I hope you enjoy your new equipment when it arrives terzaghi.
Posted By: Mojo Re: another 'first axiom purchase' post - 11/10/07 01:17 AM
I wish I could give you advice as to the difference between the 500 and 600. But I'm working on Hutzal to be a little more social \:\) .
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: another 'first axiom purchase' post - 11/10/07 01:29 AM
Excellent. Same as I have and I am very, very satisfied with the result. I would welcome you to the club, but... with 94 posts and being an "old hand" already... it almost sounds like welcoming somebody who's already your roomate ! \:\)

Hope they come in soon!
Posted By: terzaghi Re: another 'first axiom purchase' post - 11/10/07 04:44 AM
There are truly some good people on this message board. I plan on sticking around for sometime.

Thanks again for all the input!
Posted By: bugbitten Re: another 'first axiom purchase' post - 11/11/07 08:22 PM
A great system. Exactly the way I started. Congrats.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: another 'first axiom purchase' post - 11/11/07 08:51 PM
Rock On!
Posted By: chesseroo Re: another 'first axiom purchase' post - 11/16/07 08:54 PM
 Originally Posted By: Mojo
I wish I could give you advice as to the difference between the 500 and 600. But I'm working on Hutzal to be a little more social \:\) .

Funn ee.
© Axiom Message Boards