Axiom Home Page
Posted By: hybrid Love hate relationship - 11/30/07 03:49 PM
Hi All if you remember i'm the one comparing the M60's with my old Bose 901s. And I have to say I have never experienced a love hate relationship with a pair of speakers. it seems the majority of my cd sound really bad with the M60's. But then again it's been years since I even purchased a new cd. Has anyone had the same feelings as I about one moment you love the M60's then the next you hate them depending on what you are listening to. Thanks for any input you may have.
Posted By: Hutzal Re: Love hate relationship - 11/30/07 04:12 PM
Yes,

Axiom speakers in general will make crappy recordings sound crappy. Unlike the Bose, which make every recording sound crappy ;\)
Posted By: Ajax Re: Love hate relationship - 11/30/07 04:42 PM
Yes, what you describe is a common phenomenon. I have owned Axioms and now own another brand. Though not as frequently, I still experience what you describe. Due to poor recording/mastering, etc., some things, both music and movies, just don't sound good. And, IMHO, the more accurate the speaker, the more evident is this problem. \:\(
Posted By: Worfzara Re: Love hate relationship - 11/30/07 05:24 PM
No highs no lows it must be.... well, you get the picture.

Could you name a few of the CD's you don't like so some of us can get a reference to what kind of music you like. We might be ablel to recommend a few that do sound good. I have many old CD's that sound wonderful.

I heard one time that Bose has a had full of people in their R and D department, and an army of people in their sales and marketing department. I also hard B & W (and other fine speaker companies including Axiom) has the exact oposite.

Paul
Posted By: Wid Re: Love hate relationship - 11/30/07 10:04 PM

I had the Bose 901s for quite some time prior the M80s. They are not as bad a speaker as most on here lead to believe. The biggest problem I had was they were so placement dependent that when I moved I just couldn't find the right spot for them as I did in my old house.

I find most recordings on the M80s are just fantastic.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Love hate relationship - 12/01/07 05:14 AM
Yes George, that's the way it goes; if you get good speakers you should get good CDs(preferably classical)to use the capabilities of the speakers.
Posted By: vassillios Re: Love hate relationship - 12/01/07 10:34 PM
 Originally Posted By: JohnK
Yes George, that's the way it goes; if you get good speakers you should get good CDs(preferably classical)to use the capabilities of the speakers.

ouch, i don't like that response. the type of music should have no impact, instead you should be looking for the quality of the source
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Love hate relationship - 12/01/07 10:56 PM
From my short time with my m80's I can assure that any type of music sounds great (if the quality of the recording is great of course). I particularly love the sound of acoustic guitar and cymbals on my m80's. I think JohnK was just stating his musical preference.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Love hate relationship - 12/02/07 02:01 AM
BN NBBN M>

says my son.

In any case, I think John's just being semi-facetious, as classical is his (very much) preferred type of music.
Posted By: anallog Re: Love hate relationship - 12/08/07 01:04 AM
If the CD's you have were originally released in analog, on vinyl or tape..they will probably be brutal on the Axiom's. Pick up a newer CD that is well produced and not overly compressed(most pop is) and see how that works. Maybe a member can suggest one (I don't buy cd's).
Larry.
© Axiom Message Boards