Axiom Home Page
Posted By: ctown Anybody have the Burled Walnut finish? - 01/10/08 08:52 PM
Has anybody got pics they can post of the burled walnut finish on their speakers? I'm trying to decide on those or the high gloss cherry.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Anybody have the Burled Walnut finish? - 01/10/08 08:59 PM
Why yes, yes I do. Have a look at the Audiobytes are HERE! thread to see the burled walnut on an Audiobyte. Probably the second or third to last page.
Posted By: ctown Re: Anybody have the Burled Walnut finish? - 01/10/08 09:20 PM
Thanks. They look nice, personally I think on a pair of M3's the dark knotty spots would wear on me over time. good pics for a reference point.

I think I'm gonna order up some M3's in gloss cherry in a week when my credit card gets a bit cleaner.

Thanks for the feedback on the Senn 280's too.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Anybody have the Burled Walnut finish? - 01/10/08 11:14 PM
Get a hold of Mojo, his audiobytes are in burled walnut.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Anybody have the Burled Walnut finish? - 01/11/08 01:42 AM
Here ya go:

Either way, High Gloss Cherry or Burled Walnut, you can't go wrong.
Posted By: ctown Re: Anybody have the Burled Walnut finish? - 01/11/08 04:12 AM
Yeah, I guess the M3's still look pretty good in walnut too. Nice pics. I'm planning on putting them in a room with oak hardwood flooring, so either would work.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Anybody have the Burled Walnut finish? - 01/11/08 04:31 AM
Maybe Axiom can send you a sample of each?
Posted By: Mojo Re: Anybody have the Burled Walnut finish? - 01/11/08 05:28 AM
Al,

You're more than welcome to come over and look at mine. I have the vinyl walnut which I've been told you can't tell apart from the real walnut.
Posted By: doormat Re: Anybody have the Burled Walnut finish? - 01/11/08 05:52 AM
 Originally Posted By: Mojo
Al,

You're more than welcome to come over and look at mine. I have the vinyl walnut which I've been told you can't tell apart from the real walnut.

Won't believe that until you've done double blind taste tests!
Posted By: ctown Re: Anybody have the Burled Walnut finish? - 01/11/08 05:05 PM
 Originally Posted By: doormat
 Originally Posted By: Mojo
Al,

Won't believe that until you've done double blind taste tests!

Yeah, but I like my walnuts over vanilla ice cream mixed with a maple whiskey called Sortilage

I'd hate to get sticky whiskey in your Audiobytes.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Anybody have the Burled Walnut finish? - 01/12/08 02:36 AM
But then you could lick them clean to see if they taste as good as they sound.
© Axiom Message Boards