Axiom Home Page
Posted By: rbishop Which axiom speakers should I get first - 01/13/03 11:50 PM
I have a Pioneer VSX-D711 A/V 5.1 receiver and two old Pioneer bookshelf speakers with 12" woofers. What Axiom speakers whould you purchase first to build a 5.1 system. I am looking at the M22ti for mains, VP150 center,QS4, and EP125 sub. My room that I am setting up my sytem about 20'x20'. Do you think I need to upgrade my main speakers first? Do you think the EP125 is going to be large enough for a room this size? Thanks,
Posted By: fhw Re: Which axiom speakers should I get first - 01/14/03 12:18 AM
If you're building your system for movies, the center channel is the most important. If music is more your thing, go for the M22s.

Your room is probably too large to use the EP125 for movies and get the maximum impacet, but I imagine it would be adequate for music.
I would disagree with purchasing the EP125.

You'll want at least the EP175, but preferably the EP350.

or you could buy an SVS.
Posted By: rbishop Re: Which axiom speakers should I get first - 01/15/03 04:46 PM
Thanks for the replies. I think I will look at larger subs. I looked at the SVS site and they look like they make good subs. I am going to stick with Axiom for my other speakers. Now, I just need to wait for my income tax refund.
© Axiom Message Boards