Axiom Home Page
I understand that the QS brackets that come with the QS8's do not include screws.

What are you guys using to mount these brackets to the wall?

I will be screwing into a stud for the 3 center holes and drywall for the top right and left holes if required.

Is it enough support if I only use the 3 vertical holes directly into a stud?

Thanks,
Zak
I used wood screws for the stud portions and anchors for the drywall portions.
Do you remember what size and length you used?

Thanks,
Zak
I would think 3 screws into the studs would be adequate, assuming you get long enough screws. \:\) I think I have 2 screws holding my Q's in the ceiling with DIY shelf bracket.
2 screws into a stud is more than enough to hold up the QS8s. A #8 or 10 X 1.5" long should do the trick.
I mounted the brackets using three 3" wood screws directly into the stud.
I thought this would be enough but when I hang the QS8 the top right and left of T starts to bend forward.
The metal bracket is fairly thin so I need to get some screws into the corners to keep it flush with wall.

Zak
Ya, a couple of drywall anchors and screws for the outer corners will take care of the edges.
I used 3" wood screws in stud, and then just used some shorter screws into the drwywall for the sides (no anchors.) It is holding fine. I basically use the stud for the main support, but the other screws prevent the outer corners from bending out.

Drywall anchors wouldbe better, but I saw no need since the main load is being resisted by the screws in the stud
I used anchors for the outer corners and now it's not going anywhere.
I was able to completely cover the rear speaker plates with the QS8's for a very clean look.

Zak
Can't wait for pics. \:\)
© Axiom Message Boards