Axiom Home Page
Posted By: ctown My Hi Gloss Cherry M3's just arrived. - 02/27/08 10:04 PM
Just received my M3's in HGC and the look great. My Boston Cherry looks sad next to them.

I am planning on mounting them on FMB's in the upper corners of this room and angling them down to the main listening area, although its mainly for casual listening while in the family room/kitchen. How far from the ceiling should I go? Can I just leave 6" clearance on top and should be fine??

Posted By: Ken.C Re: My Hi Gloss Cherry M3's just arrived. - 02/27/08 10:09 PM
Don't see why not.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: My Hi Gloss Cherry M3's just arrived. - 02/27/08 10:15 PM
As long as the center of the woofer doesn't end up being equidistant from the three surfaces in the corners, you can place them up there without much problem. In other words, try to make the distance to the side walls different from the distance to the back wall and ceiling.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: My Hi Gloss Cherry M3's just arrived. - 02/28/08 02:14 AM
very nice looking...
Posted By: jakewash Re: My Hi Gloss Cherry M3's just arrived. - 02/28/08 02:14 AM
I distinctly heard the M22s say trade us in. ;\)
Posted By: mapatton Re: My Hi Gloss Cherry M3's just arrived. - 02/28/08 02:18 AM
Maybe we should setup an "internal trade" thread
Posted By: DaveG Re: My Hi Gloss Cherry M3's just arrived. - 02/28/08 11:44 AM
High Gloss do look sweet.
Posted By: ctown Re: My Hi Gloss Cherry M3's just arrived. - 02/28/08 04:45 PM
Yes, the 22's are saying they want a new finish, but my wallet is saying Nooooooooo!
Posted By: eraser Re: My Hi Gloss Cherry M3's just arrived. - 02/28/08 05:32 PM
Those look great. Mine should be arriving today, I am almost bouncing off the walls.
Posted By: eraser Re: My Hi Gloss Cherry M3's just arrived. - 02/28/08 09:22 PM
Hope ctown doesn't mind, got my M3s this morning and thought I would contribute some pictures.

These babys look fantastic!
The only blemish is the edges of the vinyl finish and the odd scratch/bump. These are very small and only really visible closeup.
Aside from that, 100% sexy.

Closeup:

Posted By: CV Re: My Hi Gloss Cherry M3's just arrived. - 02/29/08 05:40 AM
Very nice pictures. You have to purchase every possible finish just so we can have more pictures.
Posted By: ctown Re: My Hi Gloss Cherry M3's just arrived. - 02/29/08 03:28 PM
I dont mind the hijack at all. Great pics, better lighting than mine. My M3's just have a little imperfection on the bottom edge, its not perfect, but not really noticeable.

Now I just gotta crawl in the attic and get some wiring done. Enjoy.
Posted By: eraser Re: My Hi Gloss Cherry M3's just arrived. - 02/29/08 11:11 PM
Thanks, a nice lens usable without a flash makes all the difference. I used a Pentax K100D with a 50mm fast prime for these.
I don't know about every possible finish, but more speakers for sure. These are just the start of my system. I think a VP150 is next, then a new TV, then finally M60s.
Posted By: ctown Re: My Hi Gloss Cherry M3's just arrived. - 03/04/08 04:48 AM
So gonna use M3 as mains with a VP150....are you gonna use them for rears when you get your M60's??

What you gonna do for a TV?? A lot of us here are TV info junkies too.

BTW, was just in Victoria last year for a 4 day conference and thought it was great. Did a whale cruise and saw a couple pods of orca's. Then ventured downtown to some great watering holes and got to see the requisite west coast homeless needle junkies downtown. Good times!!!
Posted By: eraser Re: My Hi Gloss Cherry M3's just arrived. - 03/04/08 11:02 PM
 Originally Posted By: ctown
So gonna use M3 as mains with a VP150....are you gonna use them for rears when you get your M60's??
Exactly, my plan is this:
Amp HTR 6060 (check) -> M3s (check) -> VP150 -> Projector/screen -> M60s -> Sub
My room is perfect for a theater setup, about 12' wide by 32' long. Should give me enough room to position the M3s back and to the sides.
I thought about QS8s for surrounds but decided that the M3s would serve me better in both the short and long term. I can always get both eventually.

What you gonna do for a TV?? A lot of us here are TV info junkies too.
I recently got rid of my small-ish CRT in anticipation of a projector. Right now I'm looking at a Benq W500 720p projector and a decent screen that I can find in Canada.

BTW, was just in Victoria last year for a 4 day conference and thought it was great. Did a whale cruise and saw a couple pods of orca's. Then ventured downtown to some great watering holes and got to see the requisite west coast homeless needle junkies downtown. Good times!!!
Actually, I just moved here this year for school. Fantastic city, sunny and 10C today.
Posted By: ctown Re: My Hi Gloss Cherry M3's just arrived. - 03/23/08 03:27 PM
OK, I finally got my M3's connected in the family room with the inwall wiring and ran them thru my old Technics amp, using a cheap JVC combo DVD/VHS player.

First impressions were very laid back but after adjusting the bass and treble on the amp, these are great. My son watched a little Star Wars before bed last night and ran the sound thru them. I have to say for a smaller room the M3 would be fine for HT. The rumble of battle cruisers and hi pitched sound of lasers came thru clear on them. Great speakers.
Posted By: jakewash Re: My Hi Gloss Cherry M3's just arrived. - 03/23/08 08:54 PM
Sounds like they are excatly what you were hoping for. My son and I watched Episode 3 on Friday night and I forgot just how much LFE there was in that movie. The SVS was shaking the house
Posted By: ctown Re: My Hi Gloss Cherry M3's just arrived. - 03/24/08 02:55 AM
 Originally Posted By: jakewash
Sounds like they are excatly what you were hoping for. My son and I watched Episode 3 on Friday night and I forgot just how much LFE there was in that movie. The SVS was shaking the house

Yeah, I think they will be fine and I'll be much happier than if I got a set of PSB alpha's for $100 less. Now I just gotta fininsh hooking up my speakers on the deck.....I went with the Polk Atrium since they fit easier.

Just keep the SVS sub already!!! It will be all you want for the price. Then you can start up an algonquin 0bsession \:\)
Posted By: Mojo Re: My Hi Gloss Cherry M3's just arrived. - 03/24/08 03:04 AM
The M3s look great Al. I can't wait to hear them and the Polks while enjoying Rickard's White \:\) .

Jason has subosis (an addiction to comparing subs). Do you sell any tools to fix that \:\) ?
Posted By: fredk Re: My Hi Gloss Cherry M3's just arrived. - 03/24/08 03:59 AM
Don't fix it yet. I'm... er... he's not done yet.
Posted By: jakewash Re: My Hi Gloss Cherry M3's just arrived. - 03/24/08 04:50 AM
Mojo's right, I am addicted, although I feel I might be finding an end to this obsession, only to start another one, hopefully of the much healthier variety. Maybe we should start a run club.
Posted By: CV Re: My Hi Gloss Cherry M3's just arrived. - 03/24/08 04:53 AM
As long as there are speakers at the finish line.
Posted By: Mojo Re: My Hi Gloss Cherry M3's just arrived. - 03/24/08 06:35 AM
You mean subs \:\) .
Posted By: CV Re: My Hi Gloss Cherry M3's just arrived. - 03/24/08 06:59 AM
Subs are speakers like thumbs are fingers!
Posted By: jakewash Re: My Hi Gloss Cherry M3's just arrived. - 03/24/08 07:10 PM
Just about speakered out, maybe amps.
Posted By: ctown Re: My Hi Gloss Cherry M3's just arrived. - 03/25/08 07:10 PM
 Originally Posted By: Mojo
The M3s look great Al. I can't wait to hear them and the Polks while enjoying Rickard's White \:\) .

Jason has subosis (an addiction to comparing subs). Do you sell any tools to fix that \:\) ?
Ahhhh, cant wait for summer and some easy drinking Rickards white, Grasshopper, Corona or Granville Heffenweisen \:\)

Yes, I do sell tools that can fix that, but I dont have the surgical skill to separate him from the keyboard so he stops researching subs.

He needs a simple walletectomy. Surgical removal of his wallet from the back pocket and just buy it!
Posted By: jakewash Re: My Hi Gloss Cherry M3's just arrived. - 03/25/08 09:05 PM
Buying it isn't the issue, keeping it is\:D I take full advantage of the generous return policies.
© Axiom Message Boards