Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Zarak lights controlled by Harmony? - 03/01/08 02:07 AM
We have recessed lighting in our family room, where the TV is, and I want to put them on a dimmer. Can I also do something so that they can be controlled by the Harmony? X11 if I remember correctly?

When I turn on a movie, I would like to have them dim automatically via the remote.
Posted By: HomeDad Re: lights controlled by Harmony? - 03/01/08 02:34 AM
I use my Harmony to dim my lights with a Lutron dimmer, you can set it up in activity to dim the lights when the tv goes on as far as I remember.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: lights controlled by Harmony? - 03/01/08 03:04 AM
You can use the X-10 protocol to do this.

Ray3 is the resident expert.
Posted By: Zarak Re: lights controlled by Harmony? - 03/01/08 04:18 AM
I did a quick look and found this.

The wall where the switch is is a 4 gang plate, but only the far left one is in use currently. Even so, I need to either keep the same plate and add a dimmer on the far left switch somehow, or replace the plate all together.
Posted By: oldskoolboarder Re: lights controlled by Harmony? - 03/01/08 05:47 AM
Yeah, Lutron works. I did it w/ my 688.
Posted By: Zarak Re: lights controlled by Harmony? - 03/02/08 01:23 AM
I think I am going to do Lutron as well. My Harmony is a 680, so it only supports IR. That's fine though as I'll be in the room with the switch. I'm looking at this and then planning on ordering a new 4 gang wall plate with the type of opening this needs on the left most opening.

Looks like about $40 for the dimmer with IR and another 5 for the plate.
© Axiom Message Boards