Axiom Home Page
Posted By: sdmoel EP350 V3 Buzz problem - 03/12/08 11:17 PM
I just opened my new EP350 V3 and hooked it up. It has a loud anoying buzz. I tired two different woofer cables each with the same result. Any suggestions?
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: EP350 V3 Buzz problem - 03/12/08 11:24 PM
Try the following:
http://www.axiomaudio.com/tips_eliminate_hum.html
Posted By: sdmoel Re: EP350 V3 Buzz problem - 03/13/08 12:10 AM
Thanks! I'll give it a try. My new receiver comes tomorrow to replace my old, so that may do the trick too. I'm goping from a Sony to a Denon so...

I appreciate the link.
Posted By: Mojo Re: EP350 V3 Buzz problem - 03/13/08 12:13 AM
I'm not sure what that link says but also try disconnecting your cable at the electrical panel. If that cures the hum, get the cable company to install a ground isolating filter. That cured it for me.
Posted By: Wid Re: EP350 V3 Buzz problem - 03/13/08 12:24 AM

Disconnecting cable from an electrical panel? Just disconnect it from the cable or sat box and see if that works.
Posted By: Mojo Re: EP350 V3 Buzz problem - 03/13/08 12:40 AM
My cable comes in at the electrical service entrance. It used to go through a splitter for branches to up and down stairs. When I had this problem, I disconnected it at my DVD player to no avail (don't you remember that post of mine \:\) ?). When I pulled it out of the splitter, the problem disappeared. Then the cable company installed the isolator and they also took out the splitter and put in an amplifier. Since then, I haven't had a problem.
© Axiom Message Boards