Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Ken.C hate to ask... - 04/07/08 04:04 PM
but has anyone had a good result when their package has been held just over the border for 3 days? My EP350 got held in Buffalo, NY for 3 days before the Int'l shipment release. I'm just afraid that the feds tore the sub apart and tossed all the parts in the box. I guess I'll find out Thursday. Yeek...
Posted By: real80sman Re: hate to ask... - 04/07/08 04:06 PM
I've never had my package held for 3 days...... \:D
Posted By: Ken.C Re: hate to ask... - 04/07/08 04:09 PM
Oh, I just walked right into that one...
Posted By: real80sman Re: hate to ask... - 04/07/08 04:13 PM
Very rarely does anyone get the jump on Peter with an opening like that one!
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: hate to ask... - 04/07/08 04:15 PM
Is the 3 days including the weekend?
Posted By: Ken.C Re: hate to ask... - 04/07/08 04:19 PM
Nope. It's 3 business days.
Posted By: Murph Re: hate to ask... - 04/07/08 04:30 PM
They probably saw your mohawk styled baby avatar and decided you were either a drug dealer or a risk to National Security.

Kidding of course! I think it's a lovely picture but those men in black can be 'over-interpretive'.
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: hate to ask... - 04/07/08 04:34 PM
I have only been part/monitoring this forum since last August so I am lacking a complete frame of reference. But it seems to me that either the number of such detention is actually increasing or it is just that it coincidentally happened more often to members. I don't recall a single "detention" problem mentionned until earlier this year.

Anyone with info or thought on this? Is it BOSE trying to limit the number of Canadian companies entering the states? ;\)
Posted By: CV Re: hate to ask... - 04/07/08 05:04 PM
I mean, with my replacement A1400-8, they held it because the value was over $2000. I don't know why they'd need to hold Ken's EP350v3.
Posted By: SRoode Re: hate to ask... - 04/07/08 05:47 PM
The speakers that arrived for me last Friday were shipped on Wednesday. They reached the border Thursday morning, and I got a call to fill out a form and fax it back (which I did right away). They made it over the border immediately afterwards.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: hate to ask... - 04/07/08 05:50 PM
Well played, Shawn.
Posted By: Murph Re: hate to ask... - 04/07/08 06:01 PM
Only border trouble I ever had was when I accidentally referred to an American customs officer as a "Security Guard." Boy did she take offense to that. I corrected myself as soon as I said it but I still got a 30 minute speech about her almighty power as a federal officer of the United States Government as she searched every thing in mine and my wifes bags.

Yes, it was my slip of the tongue, but what a pompous B lettered person.
Posted By: Hutzal Re: hate to ask... - 04/07/08 10:00 PM
 Originally Posted By: real80sman
I've never had my package held for 3 days...... \:D

Well that's unfortunate...
Posted By: SirQuack Re: hate to ask... - 04/07/08 10:30 PM
that sucks Ken. \:\(
Posted By: Ken.C Re: hate to ask... - 04/09/08 03:57 PM
Well, it's on the truck for delivery this morning. Guess I'll find out what happened this evening. Fingers crossed!
Posted By: SirQuack Re: hate to ask... - 04/09/08 05:52 PM
I'm crossing my toes...
Posted By: pmbuko Re: hate to ask... - 04/09/08 09:07 PM
I'll pray that people look both ways before crossing the street in your neighborhood. I'd hate it if your delivery truck to overturned while dodging a pedestrian.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: hate to ask... - 04/09/08 09:11 PM
It's been delivered. Theoretically. They left it at my front door, without a signature. Arg! Haven't been able to get ahold of my wife yet.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: hate to ask... - 04/09/08 09:57 PM
I'll stop by and pick it up for ya, wait, that would take me 20+ hours driving non-stop..
Posted By: Ken.C Re: hate to ask... - 04/09/08 10:03 PM
Heh... It's apparently there. My wife's not going to bring it in--guess the box is huge.
© Axiom Message Boards