Axiom Home Page
Posted By: CV AudioByte stands? - 05/26/08 11:55 PM
I'm liking the sound more with the tweeters closer to ear level. Currently, my left speaker is sitting on top of the AudioByte amplifier, and the right speaker is on a book and a 50-pack spindle of CD-Rs. I'm looking for clever ideas for elevating the AudioBytes so it looks decent and serves a purpose. I was looking at some rectangular wall-hanging media shelves at Target. They would just be sitting on the desk, of course, not mounted on the wall, but they seemed like the right height, and I could store DVDs right there. Unfortunately, they might look lame for a while considering I only have one piece of software in a DVD case (Windows Vista Ultimate), and only old software I don't use anymore in CD cases.

Anyone have any other ideas?
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: AudioByte stands? - 05/27/08 12:10 AM
Have you thought of making something? Time for a little DIY project!
Posted By: CV Re: AudioByte stands? - 05/27/08 01:06 AM
I thought of it briefly. I'm really not handy at all. Maybe my dad would have an idea for what to make and how to go about it.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: AudioByte stands? - 05/27/08 02:04 AM
I don't have my 'bytes handy right now, but don't they have a mounting screw or socket of some sort? I'd have a look at very small tripods and the like.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: AudioByte stands? - 05/27/08 02:34 AM
Charles, roughly how tall do you need the stands to be?
Posted By: CV Re: AudioByte stands? - 05/27/08 02:50 AM
I'd say roughly 8" would put them at ear level, but even 6" would probably be fine. I mean, some days I slouch more than others. \:\)

Ken, I don't see anything on them to aid in mounting. They have flat bottoms.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: AudioByte stands? - 05/27/08 02:56 AM
What about on the back? I suppose that would kind of knock out tripods as a possibility, but I'm remembering some kind of allen (Alan? ;\) ) screw back there.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: AudioByte stands? - 05/27/08 03:24 AM
 Quote:
They have flat bottoms.

Just enough to get the song stuck in my head.
Posted By: CV Re: AudioByte stands? - 05/27/08 03:34 AM
Yes, there's a screw on the top of the back. Yes, an Allen. What would that mount to?
Posted By: Ken.C Re: AudioByte stands? - 05/27/08 04:44 AM
presumably a vertical piece of metal with a hole innit!
Posted By: CV Re: AudioByte stands? - 05/27/08 04:55 AM
Ha ha. I was hoping you'd have a line on a specific product that might fit the bill.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: AudioByte stands? - 05/27/08 03:51 PM
Not off the top of my head, but thinking about it further, I'm pretty sure that's actually a socket like a camera tripod, merely filled by the allen bolt. I think it's the same one that's on the back of the centers, surrounds, and bookshelves that Axiom sells.
Posted By: Amie Re: AudioByte stands? - 05/27/08 05:25 PM
The bolt is there to accept brackets - by some crazy fluke the FMB fits perfectly invisibly back there.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: AudioByte stands? - 05/27/08 05:35 PM
Can't imagine how that might possibly have happened. To the research lab!
© Axiom Message Boards