Axiom Home Page
Hello Axiom Folks,

I am about to receive my new Epic 80/350 system (custom high gloss burled walnut, thank you very much...) and wanted some advice. I am hooking them up to my Emotiva Lpa-1 and LMc-1 and plan on using 2 subs. ( the Axiom 350v2 and my former Paradigm ps1200. My first question is about the sub. As there is only one LFE out on the preamp, should I just use an RCA splitter and connect it to the two sub cables? The Paradigm is in the back right area of the room now and I was thinking of putting the Axiom next to the front left M80. Any thoughts? Lastly, what is the burn-in time for this speaker system? Any actual owners have a thought on this?
Thanks so much, I can't wait to join the happy Axiom ranks!
Roidefromage
Congrats on the new speakers, Roidefromage!

The RCA splitter should work fine. I run multiple subs and that's what I use. As for placement, well, that's up to you. Try a few different combinations and run some frequency sweeps with an SPL meter to find out which works best.

For me, I like the subs spread out around the room for HT. I have one in the front right corner, one along the left wall, and the third right next to my seat. For music I preferred the subs up front next to the speakers.

Have fun and experiment.

Don't worry about speaker burn-in. If anything changes it will be your ears and brain adjusting to the new sound.

I thought the EP350 had a sub out on its amp. If so, I'm not certain about the v2, you can just daisy chain your Paradigm using the sub out from the Axiom. I know the v3 has the sub out feature.
I use one of these, works great. Monoprice
That is a very nice finish you have chosen. Unless you put your face right up against the speakers (don't forget to wipe off the nose prints after \:\) ) you can't tell the difference between the vinyl and real wood.

I just checked, the EP350 does have an RCA line out.

Don't forget to post pics when you get them. Not many have posted pics of the HG burled walnut yet.
King, welcome. You'll certainly be able to enjoy great sound with your new Axioms, and you can feel free to start the enjoyment immediately; there's no significant "burn-in" with the Axioms(or other speakers)beyond the first minute or so of use(involving many thousands of cycles)which already occurred at the factory.

A placement of your two subs directly in diagonally opposite corners should work well for you. Since your subs will be separated by quite a distance there wouldn't be an advantage to running a daisy chain from the Axiom to the Paradigm, as there would be if they were located near each other. Use a Y connector similar to the one Michael(HomeDad)linked at the sub preout and run separate coaxial cables to the sub locations.
After hours of trial and error, I currently have my 2 350v2's spread out along the front wall, about 10 ft apart next to my 80's. My 600 is along the side wall, behind the listening area a few feet. I've tried probably 15 different scenarios/placement, and so far this seems to give me the best overall performance and balance of low frequencies across all listening positions.

Oh yeah, as Rick mentioned, I have them all daisy chained together from my Denon 2805 line-out jack. There is no difference if you do this, or split them with some type of Y Adapter or Cable.
© Axiom Message Boards