Axiom Home Page
Posted By: armaraas Hanging M2's - 06/21/08 07:24 PM
Hey guys, quick question. My last speaker showed up from Ohio today (apparently it wanted to do a little site seeing before being sent to its new home). Anyway, I have the QS8's in place no problem, I managed to hit a stud on one side of each t bracket and used a heavy duty hollow wall anchor for the other side, they seem good.

Now...I was going to mount the M2's using the full metal brackets, however I do not think I can hit a stud on one of the walls. I know they're only 11 pounds, but holding them up by the back of the bracket seems really heavy. Am I ok to mount these by just using two heavy duty anchors (they're not weight rated)? I assume once in place the wall adds some support, but I don't want to be putting holes in the wall if the general consensus is it's not going to work...

Any opinions appreciated...
Posted By: jakewash Re: Hanging M2's - 06/21/08 10:06 PM
Any reason why you couldn't move the few,10,12 inches either way to ensure you hit a stud? Otherwise I would at least use a Molly/Butterfly bolt for the top position.
Posted By: armaraas Re: Hanging M2's - 06/22/08 03:43 AM
Well, I got them hung. I did find some studs, but had to make some compromises. Not sure if I like it, but it seems to be working so far. I'll try to post some pics tomorrow. I went with 7.1 even though my room is a bit small for it, wider than it is longer. But I figured I'd get the speakers now while my wife was agreeable, so when the basement is finished and I move down there into a bigger room I'll be all set.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Hanging M2's - 06/22/08 04:23 AM
 Originally Posted By: armaraas
But I figured I'd get the speakers now while my wife was agreeable, so when the basement is finished and I move down there into a bigger room I'll be all set.
Smart thinking.
© Axiom Message Boards