Axiom Home Page
Posted By: equina Audiobyte Angled Pedestals? - 07/19/08 03:28 AM
Hey Guys,

Just got my audiobytes and man, am I in love. Because my desktop is somewhat low and I notice I get the best sound stage if I angle the monitors about 15-20 degrees upward. My only problem is that I have yet to devise an elegant and aesthetic solution. Any suggestions? Thanks so much in advance!

E
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Audiobyte Angled Pedestals? - 07/19/08 04:04 AM
Can't help ya cause I don't own the audiobytes. Noticed you posted the same question in two threads, since we are a small community and we all frequent all the threads, I would not want you to duplicating your efforts. \:\)

Glad you like your Audiobytes....
Posted By: jakewash Re: Audiobyte Angled Pedestals? - 07/19/08 04:27 AM
What finish did you get the audiobytes in?

Possibly order up a finsih sample from Axiom the same finish as the audiobytes and use a portion of it as a wedge under the front of the speaker or just make your own shim and paint it as close to the same color as possible.

Fredk bent some acrylic plastic to make a custom center channel mount to put on top of his TV. I would bet you could do the same with some acrylic and be able to leave enough material on the back to act as a stop for the speaker to lean up against. I made a recipe card holder in grade 8 that would be about the right shape I have in mind, some thing along the lines of an exagerated/deformed 'S'. The bottom curl sets the angle and the middle gets flattend out and the top curl goes straight up.

Posted By: equina Re: Audiobyte Angled Pedestals? - 07/19/08 05:13 AM
Sorry... wasn't sure which forum was more appropriate. It won't happen again.
Posted By: JohnK Re: Audiobyte Angled Pedestals? - 07/19/08 05:14 AM
Equina, welcome, and glad that you're enjoying great sounds from your Audiobytes. I don't have any "elegant and aesthetic" suggestions(rubber doorstops?), but on occasion I've tilted speakers slightly backward with a small pad of paper under them, which was nearly invisible.
Posted By: equina Re: Audiobyte Angled Pedestals? - 07/19/08 05:20 AM
Thanks, jakewash! I got them in black. Those are terrific ideas. And perhaps Axiom would send some free samples out of the goodness of their hearts? Or perhaps not. I know exactly what you're thinking with the acrylic plastic solution... sounds like a pretty doable project. Thanks again!
Posted By: fredk Re: Audiobyte Angled Pedestals? - 07/19/08 12:56 PM
Bending small pieces of thin acrylic is not very hard. You can probably pick up some scraps from a local manufacturer.

A custom wood shop would probably cut you a couple of wedges for cheap if you ask nicely.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Audiobyte Angled Pedestals? - 07/19/08 01:53 PM
Oooops- Didn't realize that the question was double-posted.

I answered the other one.
Posted By: equina Re: Audiobyte Angled Pedestals? - 07/24/08 02:25 AM
Thanks for all your suggestions, guys! This is a great community and I'm happy to be a part of it. :-)
© Axiom Message Boards