Axiom Home Page
Posted By: coldrick Battlestar Galacticaa Season 1 - 08/13/08 08:31 AM
OK, so it's a bit off-topic, but I listen with my Axioms, OK? \:D

The 4th Disc of BSG season one has one very long episode. Anyone know where it fits in the order? Is it in fact a miniseries that starts the year? I obviously haven't watched it yet, don't want to spoil it . . .

Regards,
David
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Battlestar Galacticaa Season 1 - 08/13/08 12:07 PM
Do you have the name of the episode?
As season 1 on DVD has 5 disks (and 6 for HDDVD), it is very unlikely that disk 4 would contain an episode that is not directly part of the sequence.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Battlestar Galacticaa Season 1 - 08/13/08 02:06 PM
I don't remember that with season 1 in particular, so I think it must be in sequence. However--don't watch the last episode on the season 2 discs. It's the same as the first episode of season 2.5, but shorter.
Posted By: fredk Re: Battlestar Galacticaa Season 1 - 08/13/08 03:18 PM
I'm going through this series right now. I'm up to season 2.5 disk 3.

I gotta say, the more I watch movies/series, the more happy I am with my M80s. The sound is just soooo good. I could never go back to TV sound, and thats saying a lot for a guy that didn't really care before picking up the Axiom setup.

I think the episode is a special of some sort. I remember watching it and It was in order.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Battlestar Galacticaa Season 1 - 08/13/08 06:56 PM
Their regular seasons are so screwed up. On for a few episodes, then off for several months, then back on for 8 weeks, then off for a year, etc... Don't forget all of the "webisodes" that can only be viewed on line and are like 5 minutes each (later seasons) and mini-series stuff like the 2003 shows, and "Razor" from a year ago. Good telling what that one is...

Season 1 ended with a 2-part episode called Kobol's Last Gleaming, so maybe that is it.

Here is a link to some episode information (you can select the seasons near the top)...

TV.COM's BSG Info
Posted By: fredk Re: Battlestar Galacticaa Season 1 - 08/13/08 09:04 PM
Nick, what you describe is exactly why I cancelled cable four years ago. I resented having to pay for all the crap programs and re-runs just to watch the odd god episode.
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Battlestar Galacticaa Season 1 - 08/14/08 04:09 AM
I love a lot of the Sci-Fi channel's shows, but they do weird crap like that ALL of the time... Then again, they are filmed in Canada.. ;-)
Posted By: ScurvyDog Re: Battlestar Galacticaa Season 1 - 08/14/08 04:39 PM
The season one disc set of BG has the pilot on the first disc which is two hours. Is that what your referring to?
Posted By: Amie Re: Battlestar Galacticaa Season 1 - 08/14/08 05:25 PM
Hey now Nick - that wasn't nice! It's just 'cause we have a LOT of grants for that stuff . . . I'm sure of it. ;-)
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Battlestar Galacticaa Season 1 - 08/14/08 06:33 PM
Ha. No, it has something to do with the Canadian filmer's guild or something. Basically, it impacts when and how much the people that do the lighting, sets, actually filming, and so forth can spend working on a movie or TV show. It really messes with the schedules when they use the same people to build sets and film and such for multiple shows.
Posted By: fredk Re: Battlestar Galacticaa Season 1 - 08/14/08 10:50 PM
Could have sworn I heard a Haiya! in there somewhere. You still stnding Nick?

Oh, wait, that was last month. ;\)
Posted By: nickbuol Re: Battlestar Galacticaa Season 1 - 08/15/08 03:07 AM
Yeah, I hear you and your karate chopping hoser friends.
© Axiom Message Boards