Axiom Home Page
Posted By: newaxiomowner speaker stands - 03/05/03 01:15 AM
Hi all. Just ordered my set of axioms. M22s,QS8s and vp150.
I am pumped. Anyway I have been researching speaker stands for these. Does anyone know anything about premier stands or where I can order them, or have any other suggestions.

thanks in advance
sorry for mulitple posts, just thought I should ask in this thread.
Posted By: Oak244 Re: speaker stands - 03/05/03 04:04 PM
Funny, I have the exact same set-up with the exception of a M2i and EP175. Anyway, I ordered them in Cherry and was bummed Axiom only had stands for their speakers in Black. So, I went to a local lumber yard, and spent $65 on some fine wood, and am building my own stands, which I will then stain cherry. You may find this to be a good option if you have the means. This way you can make them as professional and exotic looking as you want! Good Luck!
Posted By: ravi_singh Re: speaker stands - 03/07/03 08:30 PM
I would stay simple and get Axiom stands, or Atlantis SBF stands. I prefer the Atlantis.

get them from Marc,

www.audioshopcanada.com
Posted By: rchiav Re: speaker stands - 03/18/03 02:56 PM
I just finished making my own. Total cost was less that $40.

http://www.frontiernet.net/~rchiav/IMG_0312.jpg

Please excuse the crappy TV. My RPTV has been on order for 6 weeks now.. If you want instructions on how I made them, I'll write it all up. I'll take puctures of all the pieces too.
Posted By: amer Re: speaker stands - 03/18/03 03:58 PM
Wow, those are beautifull stands, perfect with the boston cherry speakers. Is it just me, or does the base plate mimic the axioms tapered wedge shage....very cool.

Please do post the instructions, or perhaps start a mail order business.
Posted By: rchiav Re: speaker stands - 03/18/03 08:57 PM
Both the base and the top plates are exactly the same shape as the speaker.. including the short slants on the front.

http://www.frontiernet.net/~rchiav/stand1.JPG

There's a better look at them. It's just common pine and PVC pipe with some threaded rod holding them together. Speaker wire can be run up the back pillar. To make them, you'd need a saw where you could accurately cut angles (table saw or band saw etc) and a router or shaper. So if you can accurately cut a 7deg angle and a 50 deg angle, you'd be all set. The short front slants aren't quite 50 degrees, but it was easier to cut them that way .

I'll throw something together as far as instructions. As far as mail order, I'd have to charge a fortune to make it worth my while, and it's cheap and easy enough to make them with the right tools. Figure it cost me $40 to make them.. I probably spent 10 hours puttering around. I'm sure I could trim that down to 6. If I charged $6 and hour, that would be $36 on top of the $40 which would bring it to $76 pluss shipping. And I made minimum wage .

I do stuff like this for fun, so I'll post instructions on how to make them.

Posted By: Semi_On Re: speaker stands - 03/18/03 09:16 PM
rchiav,

Great job on your stands! I see you have the same POS digital cable box as I. I hate those things.
Posted By: twodan19 Re: speaker stands - 03/18/03 10:23 PM
stands look great, but how does the wife tolerate all the wires??
Posted By: rchiav Re: speaker stands - 03/19/03 02:56 PM
The wires are temporary. I've recently run a bunch of wire for speakers and the new receiver (HK 325) and I'm not going to tuck them all in and make them nice and tidy until the new TV arrives. I'm still looking into some wire management stuff and I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to do. There's too many to put under the carpet.

© Axiom Message Boards