Axiom Home Page
Posted By: myrison Denon 3808 settings reset to default - 09/26/08 01:26 PM
Jakewash - I believe it was you having this problem in the past...

You make the channel-level adjustments with your SPL meter and then mysteriously at a later date, it seems they've reset themselves to their former setting.

I haven't yet confirmed 100%, but I think I may now be afflicted as well. It could just be that I haven't adjusted the settings for each different processing mode and saved them, as I believe the Denon stores separate settings for 7.1 Multichannel PCM, 2-channel stereo, Multichannel + Dolby II Cinema/Music, etc.

I can't remember how/if you fixed this. Did you ever come to a solution?

Thanks,

Jason
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Denon 3808 settings reset to default - 09/26/08 01:37 PM
it was me that had the problem.

I did a hard reset on the unit (the one that resets all settings, input names, channel levels, video info, ect. ( not the one that erases firmware also)

I then proceeded to calibrate everything by hand, and never ran audyssey.

I don't remember the button combination to do a hard reset...

not the easiest solution (and not a solution at all if you really want to keep the audyssey eq curve on) but it seems to have worked.

I wrote down all of my video settings, speaker distances, and crossovers before doing the reset.

I didn't really notice any improved sound from having the audyssey eq applied anyway and I was sick and tired of always having to change my channel levels...
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Denon 3808 settings reset to default - 09/26/08 01:40 PM
I found the thread for you here
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Denon 3808 settings reset to default - 09/26/08 01:41 PM
The man beat me to it LOL
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Denon 3808 settings reset to default - 09/26/08 01:44 PM
thanks, I was too lazy to go find the thread...
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: Denon 3808 settings reset to default - 09/26/08 01:46 PM
Quid pro quo :). You've helped me out numerous times.
Posted By: myrison Re: Denon 3808 settings reset to default - 09/26/08 03:10 PM
Thanks to you both... now I just have to confirm this is actually happening and then bite the bullet and blast it clean. Yippee.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Denon 3808 settings reset to default - 09/26/08 06:08 PM
I also kept thinking that maybe I just had to make all of the changes to every surround mode for each input and then it would stop reverting back to the old settings... I don't think that was the case (after SEVERAL times of chanigng it back) so I just did the reset.
Posted By: myrison Re: Denon 3808 settings reset to default - 09/26/08 06:14 PM
alright - with any luck I can test this weekend. I haven't spent time tweaking in that room for quite some time...

I _almost_ miss it. \:\) If I have to reset the receiver completely, that should take care of my needs for some time to come.
© Axiom Message Boards