Axiom Home Page
Posted By: jlcolle New Epic 60-500 coming need advice!! - 10/04/08 01:20 AM
Hi all...My new order for the Epic 60-500 has just been shipped today. I am so nervous about it arriving as this is all new to me. I just purchased a new Pioneer Elite SC-07 A/V receiver to run this and not sure what I am doing with all this new equipment. I love learning new things, BUT very scared that I will fry something in the process as all this stuff is not cheap. Below is what I have and need to know if their is anything I should do prior to the arrival of my Epic 60-500?? All details are needed!! I have all HDMI; sub and speaker cabling already. The big problem is going to be the set-up of the receiver and in's and outs on the speaker/sub set-up as I have never done anything like this before.

52" Aquos Sharp LCD HDTV
Samsung BD-1500P Blu-Ray
2- HDTV PVR receivers
Monster 5100 Signature Series power centre
Pioneer Elite SC-07 A/V receiver
XBOX 360
Cruicating pain waiting for my new Axiom Epic 60-500 system
Posted By: chesseroo Re: New Epic 60-500 coming need advice!! - 10/04/08 01:22 AM
The simplest advice, read the manuals first.
Secondly, read them again.
It really does help.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: New Epic 60-500 coming need advice!! - 10/04/08 01:24 AM
Overall, stay calm and remain patient. It can get frustrating, but if you have questions/troubles just ask them on the forum here and we'll be glad to help.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: New Epic 60-500 coming need advice!! - 10/04/08 01:39 AM
 Originally Posted By: St_PatGuy
Overall, stay calm and remain patient. It can get frustrating, .
...especially while you read the manuals written in a language masquerading as English.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: New Epic 60-500 coming need advice!! - 10/04/08 01:42 AM
\:D

So true. . .
Posted By: fredk Re: New Epic 60-500 coming need advice!! - 10/04/08 02:37 AM
Sorry, we can't answer any questions without pictures of the actual speakers. ;\)

Lots of pictures...
Posted By: myrison Re: New Epic 60-500 coming need advice!! - 10/04/08 03:13 AM
Congrats on your purchase John. It won't be long and you'll be surrounded by your new speakers. Don't stress about the setup now, but if you can, download the manuals for all of the equipment (if you don't have all of it in hand yet). That will allow you to brush up before it arrives.

Also, what helped me was to draw out all of the connections I was going to have to make before the equipment arrived. This allowed me to save myself from not having all of the wires I would need on hand when everything arrived.

If you do need more wires, be sure to check monoprice.com for quality cables at very reasonable prices.

Jason
Posted By: terzaghi Re: New Epic 60-500 coming need advice!! - 10/04/08 03:25 AM
yes, I ran all of my wires while I was waiting, made my banana plug connections, ect. I had my receiver abouta week before my speakers so I was able to get it all hooked up and go through the setup options and stuff.
Posted By: jakewash Re: New Epic 60-500 coming need advice!! - 10/04/08 03:52 AM
 Originally Posted By: chesseroo
...especially while you read the manuals written in a language masquerading as English.
Hey, he doesn't have a Denon.\:\)
Posted By: DaveG Re: New Epic 60-500 coming need advice!! - 10/04/08 12:29 PM
Read the manuals, take your time, post any questions on any problems you can't reolve.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: New Epic 60-500 coming need advice!! - 10/04/08 03:12 PM
 Originally Posted By: jakewash
 Originally Posted By: chesseroo
Hey, he doesn't have a Denon.\:\)

Actually my Onkyo manual wasn't too bad but yes, the Denon's are a step above the rest towards creating their own language.
Posted By: jlcolle Re: New Epic 60-500 coming need advice!! - 10/05/08 12:11 AM
Tks for all the help as this is so truly appreciated...I do have my receiver which I have had for about 1 1/2 weeks currently and reading the manual on it. Should I hook it up and play with it? I thought that I needed the audio parts (speakers, etc) at first initial plug-in of juice to this thing for set-up options. Not sure so I just left it in the box. (I have had it out 2x already though looking at it). Are their any manuals for the EP500 or Epic 60 system that anyone knows of that I should look at? Tks again all...
Posted By: jakewash Re: New Epic 60-500 coming need advice!! - 10/05/08 01:16 AM
In your other thread I just mentioned going over the reeiver manual and downloading the EP500 manual and your idea of perusing Axiom's video vault is a great idea.

Do you have the Avia Home Theater set up DVD? If not it has some good starting points and helpful tips. Another HT setup DVD is Digital Video Essentials, this disc is a little harder to navigate through but I found the audio setup portion to be slightly better than Avia's.
Posted By: jlcolle Re: New Epic 60-500 coming need advice!! - 10/05/08 04:37 PM
I don't have any Home Theater set up DVD disc's. I did know their was any. Where do I find that at?
Posted By: jakewash Re: New Epic 60-500 coming need advice!! - 10/05/08 06:40 PM
Avia II

Digital Video Essentials

SVSound Avia w/ Radio Shack SPL Meter
Posted By: jlcolle Re: New Epic 60-500 coming need advice!! - 10/05/08 07:46 PM
Thanks Jason doing research on this now...didn't know this kind of stuff was out there.
Posted By: Murph Re: New Epic 60-500 coming need advice!! - 10/09/08 03:08 PM
Once you check all that out, you will undoubtedly have more questions. Bring em on!
© Axiom Message Boards