Axiom Home Page
Posted By: jhunt17 wait time from factory outlet? - 10/13/08 10:04 PM
Hey guys just ordered a few days ago from the factory outlet and was wondering if the wait time listed is always that long or short? It said 2 week, but I was hoping it would be shorter. What has been most people's experience?
Posted By: myrison Re: wait time from factory outlet? - 10/13/08 10:08 PM
I think Axiom generally tries to underpromise and over deliver, but don't count on it being faster or you'll undoubtedly be disappointed. ;\) [Murphy's Law and all]

Keep in mind that shipping times can add several days to the time... 2 weeks until they ship, plus shipping time.

It unfortunately takes almost a week to get all the way down to Texas. Fortunately you're a lot closer. ;\)
Posted By: SirQuack Re: wait time from factory outlet? - 10/13/08 10:15 PM
Question comes up a lot, generally if you average the times of the speakers you ordered, that is when you'll get them.
Posted By: thefwam Re: wait time from factory outlet? - 10/13/08 10:16 PM
jhunt I also ordered factory outlet. They estimated 4 weeks for me, and then shipped in 3, and it got there in one more. it seems to be the way in general that they work, but like myrison said don't count on it being too short or you'll most likely be disappointed
Posted By: jhunt17 Re: wait time from factory outlet? - 10/13/08 10:57 PM
well, I am not expecting it before that, but I am just impatient and can't wait to get them. Even though it is just for the other room. Sure would have loved to have the 80's and put the 60's over there, but no biggie. Think I'll save for a screen for my projector instead I guess.
Posted By: jakewash Re: wait time from factory outlet? - 10/13/08 11:46 PM
The wait times are an estimate only and could be longer if there is a run on the desired color choice, or it could be less if they have some sitting around. My M80s arrived in 2 weeks instead of the 3 it had claimed.
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: wait time from factory outlet? - 10/13/08 11:57 PM
Hello jhunt17

If I remember correctly you ordered a custom finish so it will take a little longer, but I am sure it will be well worth it \:\) (correct me if I am wrong here). I ordered just their standard Boston Cherry finish and recieved my speakers within 4 days from placing my online order. I am sure Axiom uses just in time inventory on their custom finishes so there might be some wait time with them because they are not in as demand as their standard finishes because of the extra cost involved. You will defenitely have to post some pics of your setup when you receive them. Epic 60 500, 7.1 :):)

I'm jealous,

Dr. House

Posted By: jakewash Re: wait time from factory outlet? - 10/14/08 12:08 AM
There are no custom finishes from the FO, so I hope the thread title is correct; but if the OP did get a custom finish it will most deifinitely take longer.
Posted By: jhunt17 Re: wait time from factory outlet? - 10/14/08 12:10 AM
No, I just ordered the boston cherry. How do you post pics? My dad and I built my theater in my basement and I recently (finally) got a projector to finish it off. I absolutely love it. I will post pics if someone can tell me how to do this.
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: wait time from factory outlet? - 10/14/08 12:16 AM
Thanks for clearing up my mistake jakewash. I was not totally sure if he ordered custom or not.

Humbly

Dr. House

P.S You will get your speakers soon enough... \:\)
Posted By: fredk Re: wait time from factory outlet? - 10/14/08 03:39 AM
The real answer is... Too long!!! ;\) That wait is a killer, but you will be in heaven when they arrive.

I ended up waiting the full 4 weeks for my M80s, but I added on to the order after week two.
Posted By: SatKartr Re: wait time from factory outlet? - 10/14/08 03:49 AM
I placed an order for black oak FO m80s on 10/01/08, they shipped from Buffalo (?) on 10/09/08, and are scheduled to arrive tomorrow on 10/14/08.
Posted By: jakewash Re: wait time from factory outlet? - 10/14/08 03:53 AM
JH. your pics need to be hosted on photobucket, flicker or the like. Once you have them hosted you can copy the pics url into the post by using[img]url[/img] or just click the pic icon in the full reply screen and it will add the img tags for you.
Posted By: fredk Re: wait time from factory outlet? - 10/14/08 04:06 AM
Nice!
Posted By: DaveG Re: wait time from factory outlet? - 10/14/08 11:25 AM
I know that the wait seems far longer than it really is.
Posted By: PeterChenoweth Re: wait time from factory outlet? - 10/14/08 01:03 PM
I ordered my outlet QS8's on March 5th, 2008. Axiom claimed a 3 week wait time. On March 20th, I got the email from Axiom saying that they had shipped. That's 2 weeks and 1 day. They actually shipped before that, because the Fedex tracking shows that they received the speakers from Customs late on March 19th. Which obviously means they left Axiom at least a day or two before then. The QS8's were delivered to my front door on March 22, which I thought was pretty incredible.

Axiom stuff enters the US and becomes Fedex's responsibility in Buffalo, NY. That is why Axiom's gear appears to 'ship' from Buffalo. I live in central Illinois, which is apparently close enough to Buffalo that it's effectively 2 day shipping. Living in Ohio, you're even closer.

So just as others have said, Axiom usually ships sooner than promised but don't count on it.

Something else to keep in mind is Customs, which is beyond Axiom's or FedEx's control. Since the speakers are crossing the border, they've got to go through US Customs. When I ordered my M80's a couple of years ago, DHL was handling the shipping and their tracking included Customs time. According to them, my M80's were stuck there for a couple of days. Over the years I've been here, I've read of one or two cases where speakers were held up even longer due to whatever sort of checking & inspections that Customs is doing. Extremely rare, I'd imagine, but not out of the question. And there's not much you could do about that.
Posted By: jhunt17 Re: wait time from factory outlet? - 10/15/08 03:17 PM
Well got the email today that they shipped. YEAH!!! Anyway, I ordered them on the 7th so lets see how log it takes to get here. The email said it would take a couple day for the tracking numbers to go through so i expect it may be close to exactly 2 weeks to get here.
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: wait time from factory outlet? - 10/15/08 03:23 PM
Excellent news jhunt17!

Do you have all your speaker cables and interconnects purchased?

Cheers,

Dr. House
Posted By: jhunt17 Re: wait time from factory outlet? - 10/15/08 08:42 PM
Some of you asked to see pics of my theater. So here they are. Let me know if the link works. This room was built from scratch. My father and I built it. I am very happy with how it came out.
http://s423.photobucket.com/albums/pp317/jhunt17/
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: wait time from factory outlet? - 10/15/08 08:52 PM
The link is working.
Isn't it cheating to have the picture of an EP80 onscreen while you clearly have M60s! \:\)
Looks good! Big bright blue light!
Posted By: jhunt17 Re: wait time from factory outlet? - 10/15/08 11:29 PM
Oh good grief, I just looked at those pics and they are horrible. I am going to have to take new ones. Those don't even show the room. I will take those down and put up new ones. Wow those are bad
© Axiom Message Boards