Axiom Home Page
Posted By: pmbuko google ? - 12/24/08 08:13 PM
what is it ?
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: google ? - 12/24/08 08:16 PM
Used to be a synonym for "billion dollars".
Now it is synonym for "many billion dollars".
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: google ? - 12/24/08 08:17 PM
It's what the Cyclops used to wear during his swim meets.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: google ? - 12/24/08 08:20 PM
A misspelled word.
Posted By: Joe_in_SC Re: google ? - 12/24/08 08:30 PM
A 1 followed by 100 zeroes?

Do a Google search for it
Posted By: Ken.C Re: google ? - 12/24/08 08:39 PM
No, that's a googol.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: google ? - 12/24/08 08:56 PM
hmmmm... I thought that google was replaced by the axiom forum. I heard you just enter your typical google search as a new thread topic. Then one of the kind folks on the axiom boards goes to the trouble to do the google search for you!
Posted By: Ray3 Re: google ? - 12/24/08 09:37 PM
I'm not sure how to define it for you, but it is a nice shade of mauve and you need two for a full set.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: google ? - 12/25/08 12:09 AM
Sounds like a pair of something I already have during a period of disuse in recent memory.
Posted By: zhimbo Re: google ? - 12/25/08 05:31 AM
It's the answer to the one question that can't be answered with "Just F****** Google It!", without potentially entering an endless loop.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: google ? - 01/01/09 12:22 AM
from dictionary.com

The World-Wide Web search engine that indexes the greatest number of web pages - over two billion by December 2001 and provides a free service that searches this index in less than a second.
The site's name is apparently derived from "googol", but note the difference in spelling.
The "Google" spelling is also used in "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" by Douglas Adams, in which one of Deep Thought's designers asks, "And are you not," said Fook, leaning anxiously foward, "a greater analyst than the Googleplex Star Thinker in the Seventh Galaxy of Light and Ingenuity which can calculate the trajectory of every single dust particle throughout a five-week Dangrabad Beta sand blizzard?"

Posted By: myrison Re: google ? - 01/01/09 01:12 AM
Was there an inside joke that prompted the original post? If so, I don't get it!
© Axiom Message Boards