Axiom Home Page
Are you charged when ordering or when the speakers actually ship?
I imagine it's like everything else, but have never done it myself, so I'm not certain... Every other order has been charged to me upon order, not shipping.
You are charged when you place your order, Factory Outlet or not. Not any different than most vendors.
Yup, charged when you place the order.
Thanks. I purchased the M80's through Bill Me Later.
Waiting to see your review on these speakers. Wish I could hear them before buying them. Met someone on another forum that doesn't like the m60's or M80's. Waiting for a reply on more specifics. This is a first of anything negative on these speakers that I have seen.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: A question about ordering from the factory - 12/31/08 01:18 AM
Eh, there's a few people that don't like 'em. Either their music of preference isn't well mastered, or they simply don't like the extremely straightforward presentation that the M60s and M80s give you. You hear exactly what's on the disc, good or bad...
AVS has a number of people that are adamant about how terrible Axiom speakers are. I have always guessed they had a grudge or simply, as Ken stated, just didn't appreciate hearing their music played as it was recorded - poorly, thus they appreciate a warmer less detailed speaker.

Bob, you could always try a set of M22s which are much cheaper to return if you don't like them and then upgrade to the M60/80(free upgrade, just pay the price difference) if you do like them, as the M22 has a very similar sound to the M60/80's. The 22s just lack the low end depth/feel the other 2 offer.
I appreciate all the replys and suggestions here. I happen to be shooting for a full range, full bottom speaker. The M80 seems to fit the bill.
I am positive your credit card gets charged when your order is processed by the axiom staff. In my case the 3 orders I have placed they have been shipped out in 1-3 days and recieved all my orders within 5 days (A Stock). I have no experience with factory outlet purchases and the wait times involved.

Posted By: fredk Re: A question about ordering from the factory - 12/31/08 08:34 AM
 Originally Posted By: BoB/335
Wish I could hear them before buying them. Met someone on another forum that doesn't like the m60's or M80's. Waiting for a reply on more specifics.

Ken. That wasn't one of the AVS Axiom haters, it one of the more reasonable people on audioholics.

Bob, have you tried posting in the hearing things forum to see if there is someone close to you that can give you an audition? If you can't find an audition, go out and listen to Paradigm Studio 60s or 100s, or B&W 703s. That is the sound you will get from the M60/80.

If you like any of those speakers, you will like the M80. If not, try something else.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: A question about ordering from the factory - 12/31/08 03:17 PM
Oh, I was trying to give the benefit of the doubt, Fred. Some people just like a more rolled off sound. Alternately, there have been some significant improvements to the M80s made before the switch to the v2 moniker.
© Axiom Message Boards