Axiom Home Page
Hey my setup is M22 and vp100 (might upgrade to vp150) for fronts qs8's for surrounds and ep500 for sub. Looking to upgrade should I get the M60's or save up for the M80's. Also I can get the M60's for under 700 and a little over a year old.
Welcome to the forums.

Tough call on 60's vs. 80's. I could not decide so am investing the $60 return shipping to be able to listen to both in my HT. Other than that, one year old is hard to go wrong with ,assuming they are in very good condition. $700 is 30% of list and 21% off the factory outlet price. If you offer a bit less, it could be a no brainer. Good luck
My preferrence would be the 80s, although I haven't heard the 60s(80s apparently have a little more detail to them). That's splitting hairs though as both are fine choices. Each has it's own merits, and as Dave points out...if you can get those yr old 60s at the right price, I'd pull the trigger on them.
60's are awesome, 80's are a bit more awesome. \:\)
Aw, Dave, I thought I had you, man...
Are your M22s v2? If so then you should be good to get the M60s, there is not much difference from what I can remember about the M60 sound and the M22v2. My V1s are more forward so the M80s were a better fit for my prefered sound. I think those M60s at that price is a pretty good deal although I would certainly offer much less, like $600. To me anything used should be about half price.
 Originally Posted By: kcarlile
Aw, Dave, I thought I had you, man...

I think I will end up in Randy's camp. "60's are awesome, 80's are a bit more awesome." But Adam still has a shot, albeit a long one. ;\)
 Originally Posted By: Jovon
Hey my setup is M22 and vp100 (might upgrade to vp150) for fronts qs8's for surrounds and ep500 for sub. Looking to upgrade should I get the M60's or save up for the M80's. Also I can get the M60's for under 700 and a little over a year old.

That price is too high for the M60s. There is a two year old pair on Audiogon listed for $525.
I don't own either. But it should be remembered that the M60 is smaller than the 80, but not smaller than its competitors(which I do own). What impresses me is that M60 offers a separate mid-range driver along with two bass drivers, for a true 3-way configuration. That is impressive at the price. My PSB's use a two-and-a-half config, and skip the separate mid-range, using one bass drive crossed over higher than the other. I love the sound, but don't deny that, in theory, you should get more accuracy with the dedicated mid-range driver on the M60, as compared to many good competitors.

Just a thought from an outsider.
 Originally Posted By: Zimm
I don't own either. But it should be remembered that the M60 is smaller than the 80, but not smaller than its competitors(which I do own). What impresses me is that M60 offers a separate mid-range driver along with two bass drivers, for a true 3-way configuration. That is impressive at the price. My PSB's use a two-and-a-half config, and skip the separate mid-range, using one bass drive crossed over higher than the other. I love the sound, but don't deny that, in theory, you should get more accuracy with the dedicated mid-range driver on the M60, as compared to many good competitors.

Just a thought from an outsider.

which PSB speakers do you have? can you give me give more details about what you prefer on both speakers
I have the PSB Image 5Ts. Not sure what you mean by "prefer on both speakers". I have not heard the M60, so I'm just speculating that it is possibly more detailed. But I really like my speakers. They have great dynamics, very good detail and clarity, and produce a well anchored image while reaching deep enough to render the sub a bonus for HT only. I would say the M60s offer a much better visual package as PSB does not spend much time on the cabinets. When I bought my towers, PSB did not have as many lines as they do now, so I think you can get the visual aspect in the Imagine and Sychrony lines, but those prices are much higher than the 60s.
 Originally Posted By: Zimm
I have the PSB Image 5Ts. Not sure what you mean by "prefer on both speakers". I have not heard the M60, so I'm just speculating that it is possibly more detailed. But I really like my speakers. They have great dynamics, very good detail and clarity, and produce a well anchored image while reaching deep enough to render the sub a bonus for HT only. I would say the M60s offer a much better visual package as PSB does not spend much time on the cabinets. When I bought my towers, PSB did not have as many lines as they do now, so I think you can get the visual aspect in the Imagine and Sychrony lines, but those prices are much higher than the 60s.

I was under the impression that you had the PSB and the Axiom under arm's reach (or ear's reach!)
I've always thought of the PSB's as attractive speakers, more so their newer $$ lines but also there 'T' series.
Their not unduly ugly, but it's just rectangles in black or cherry. The new models add a new level of sex appeal, getting away from the square box. But they aint given those away, and you still have limited options on the finish.
yes my M22 are v2 also I to think the price is to high but he won't budge, but I did notice the pair for 525 on audiogon but, the misses wont go unless they are the cherry finish and his is black. The room they are going in has espresso stained furniture with a samsung 750 tv. Hey if anyone know of any leads for the M60 or M80 let me know
That's kind of borderline there... This is Axiom's forum. Their goal is to sell speakers, not provide a way for people to avoid buying speakers from them. \:\)
not necessarily I plan to deck the entire house out with their speakers (bought and paid from them) but economy sucks so gotta save until I can afford to buy new or they have a sale or a miracle happens and I get a better higher paying job.
 Originally Posted By: Jovon
yes my M22 are v2 also I to think the price is to high but he won't budge, but I did notice the pair for 525 on audiogon but, the misses wont go unless they are the cherry finish and his is black. The room they are going in has espresso stained furniture with a samsung 750 tv. Hey if anyone know of any leads for the M60 or M80 let me know

You have a PM.
© Axiom Message Boards