Axiom Home Page
Posted By: fountboy42 Best Setup for under $1000 - 04/29/03 03:23 AM
I am considering purchasing either the M80's or M22's with the SVS 25-31PCi sub.. I was wondering which setup is going to be more favorable. I listen to rap, electronic/trance, jazz, alternative, pop, pretty much everything, Mainly rap, trance, and jazz though. What would be the better setup for my budget? I am also looking for amplification for my setup as well. I will be starting out w/ just 2 channel stereo, but eventually upgrading to full 5.1 or 6.1. My budget for AV receiver is around $1000 as well. Thanks for any input.

Ryan
Posted By: JohnK Re: Best Setup for under $1000 - 04/29/03 05:14 AM
Ryan, apparently you mean the M80s alone as compared with the M22s plus SVS 25-31. Unless you're playing at an extremely high level in a very large room the M22s have enough dynamic capacity in the region above the low and mid bass and in the lower region the 25-31 should give you even better bass when properly set up than the M80s. So, I'd suggest the M22s plus 25-31.

A receiver in that price range that especially impresses me with its features is the Pioneer 45TX.
Posted By: ravi_singh Re: Best Setup for under $1000 - 04/29/03 01:04 PM
If you're going to upgrade to a 5.1 or 6.1, then you should go with two speakers and a sub. The sub will be absolutely necessary when watching 5.1 movies.

As for music, if you love anything with deep, pounding bass, then go with a sub as well. The M80's on their own will not give you the bass that an SVS will.

Also, a sub is self powered. If you want to power the M80's, you need to buy a very powerful amp capable of powering a 4 ohm load at a very high volume.

Stick with M22's plus SVS sub.
© Axiom Message Boards