Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Argon With Apologies to Fredk. - 05/09/09 01:07 AM
Ok...I can't contain it any more than most mortals. I just got THE e-mail........THE shipment is out 2 weeks ahead of promise. Talk about exceeding expectations. Just like everyone says, Customer Service here is excellent. I was Director of Customer Service for a major corp for several years - so Beau knows Customer Service - so to speak.

Well.....the question that I have is how many of you guys took the day off work on the day THE shipment was supposed to arrive??
Posted By: grunt Re: With Apologies to Fredk. - 05/09/09 02:52 AM
I was in Turkey when my first Axiom order arrived so no day off. But when I arrived back at my Axioms I had 5 days leave to burn and spent the better part of those days playing with my new speakers.

Personally if I were you I would take the next day off. That way if they arrive at 2 PM you won’t have blown most of the day waiting for them when you could instead spend the whole next day enjoying them.

Cheers,
Dean
Posted By: PeterChenoweth Re: With Apologies to Fredk. - 05/09/09 03:09 AM
I didn't take the day off. But I did have DHL's system (they were the shipper, at that time) set up to text-message me when the delivery was made.

I was home 20 minutes after the text and took the rest of the afternoon off. \:\)

It was a happy day. \:\)
Posted By: fredk Re: With Apologies to Fredk. - 05/09/09 03:10 AM
Apologies?? I was 'worse' than you. I must have made 300 posts in the 4 weeks it took for my stuff to arrive.

I was on afternoons the day the speakers were to arrive. Went to bed at 5am, got up at 9am, fell asleep on the couch 20 minutes before the courier came by. I was a little agitated when I realized I had missed them and my speakers were on their way back to the terminal for delivery the next day.
Posted By: fredk Re: With Apologies to Fredk. - 05/11/09 04:50 PM
I see Argon hasn't surfaced for air yet to post pictures.
Posted By: Argon Re: With Apologies to Fredk. - 05/12/09 12:29 AM
 Originally Posted By: fredk
I see Argon hasn't surfaced for air yet to post pictures.

I am trying to lay low - but if you insist on drawing me out.....the tracking says they are in Buffalo....Now it is a race to see if the speakers arrive first or the Classical Starter Set that I ordered??
Posted By: Argon Re: With Apologies to Fredk. - 05/12/09 12:34 AM
Just checked it again.....Scheduled Delivery is Thursday
Posted By: fredk Re: With Apologies to Fredk. - 05/12/09 02:16 AM
Oops. I thought thy had arrived. Thursday,how will you ever survive??
Posted By: Argon Re: With Apologies to Fredk. - 05/12/09 02:31 AM
Well, today is my birthday and my wife got me a GPS......That'll probably do the trick to distract me...
Posted By: JohnK Re: With Apologies to Fredk. - 05/12/09 03:01 AM
Happy Birthday, Rob!
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: With Apologies to Fredk. - 05/12/09 10:42 AM
Happy GPS, Rob!
Posted By: Murph Re: With Apologies to Fredk. - 05/12/09 11:29 AM
Happy Belated GPS day!

Hopefully it has a sexy female voice. I don't know if you would call my GPS's female voice sexy but it does seem to annoy the wife who refers to it as the nasty "b" word.

Tactical Toy Buying Mission......Accomplished!
Posted By: a401classic Re: With Apologies to Fredk. - 05/12/09 11:36 AM
My wife named hers Tour Guide Barbie because she doesn't get it right all the time.

Scott \:D
Posted By: terzaghi Re: With Apologies to Fredk. - 05/12/09 12:07 PM
I arranged to pick mine up from the shipping facility. it took 2 trips to fit my epic 80/500 5.1 system into my jeep Cherokee (the ep500 wouldn't fit with the rest of the stuff).

I picked it up during lunch and spent the rest of the day at work wishing i had stayed home!
Posted By: Argon Re: With Apologies to Fredk. - 05/12/09 04:59 PM
As for the GPS, I set it to Australian English female - so I had a Sheila talk to me all the way to work today. As for the Axioms, I am taking a half day on Thursday because my wife can't be home in the afternoon. As long as I don't fall asleep on the couch, I should have them Thursday....

Thanks for all the Birthday wishes!
Posted By: CV Re: With Apologies to Fredk. - 05/12/09 05:16 PM
Happy Birthday, just in case you thought you were done receiving the wishes.
Posted By: davekro Re: With Apologies to Fredk. - 05/12/09 06:31 PM
Rob,
Does the GPS gift imply that you are of an age that you get lost alot? \:\) I ask because mine helps me in that regard. ;\)

A very happy birthday week to you. Very nice to be able to cap the week with obsessive speaker placement/AVR adjustment. We here know that as a GOOD thing. But you may want to forewarn your wife. \:D
Posted By: Argon Re: With Apologies to Fredk. - 05/13/09 02:55 AM
 Originally Posted By: davekro
Rob,
Does the GPS gift imply that you are of an age that you get lost alot? \:\) I ask because mine helps me in that regard. ;\)

A very happy birthday week to you. Very nice to be able to cap the week with obsessive speaker placement/AVR adjustment. We here know that as a GOOD thing. But you may want to forewarn your wife. \:D

She was talking about what we would do on Saturday. I said, well..if I get THE packages on Thursday, I might go to bed by Saturday morning??
Posted By: davekro Re: With Apologies to Fredk. - 05/14/09 07:53 PM
 Originally Posted By: Argon

She was talking about what we would do on Saturday. I said, well..if I get THE packages on Thursday, I might go to bed by Saturday morning??

And your wife's response was...? ;\)
Posted By: davekro Re: With Apologies to Fredk. - 05/14/09 07:56 PM
We'll understand if you are away from the forums for a while after a less than positive response from the WAF. \:D

After many Audyssey runs, my wife now cringes when I mention running it again! I try to just do it when she is away, so she does not know. \:\)
Posted By: Avi Deshpande Re: With Apologies to Fredk. - 05/14/09 10:54 PM
Happy Birthday !!!

Make sure you are home and by the door. Do not let them leave the boxes at the doorstep. It is an ordeal if the boxes are damaged and then the wait for the next set kills you.

Axiom rocks though..i got my second set in 2 weeks after the first was damaged...now its all good..

Not scaring you..but some caution helps.

Regs,
Avi
Posted By: Argon Re: With Apologies to Fredk. - 05/15/09 11:42 AM
Weeelll....THE packages arrived - for the most part - yesterday. I was on the way home for my 1/2 day off when my wife called to say the Fed Ex van had just pulled up. I was 15 minutes out - by the time I arrived, the van was gone and the monsters were in the garage. I was changing into my homewear when my wife came in and said, "I thought you said there would be 8 boxes?"........I ran back to the garage - 1 QS8 MIA. I called Axiom and they provided the tracking number for the missing box. Undeterred, I set up the rest of the system using my old surround for the missing QS8. SO......now I have run the YPAO and - which, btw, didn't sound exactly right with a weak center and sub. I broke out the RS meter that I bought about 2 months back and went through the manual set. I think I did it properly...I turned on the test tones, turned the master volume to 0 and then tweaked the individual speaker levels until I achieved 75db? I left the sub bumped to around 78....anyway I was switching from old CD's to the new "Classical Starter Pack" to DVDs to TV for the rest of the day. Flat ran out of time - just as some of you predicted. Also, just as you predicted, it was addicting to hear everything like it was the first time.

ANYone hesitating on these speakers should rest easy. It is all true. They reveal exactly what is on the CD and do it with authority. I promise that I did not "drink the Kool Aid" - it is true! I now know what everyone is talking about on the aquarium scene in Nemo.

Just checked my last tracking number - says it is on a vehicle for delivery......
Posted By: CV Re: With Apologies to Fredk. - 05/15/09 02:30 PM
Congratulations! Now get back to it.
Posted By: DaveG Re: With Apologies to Fredk. - 05/16/09 12:26 AM
Enjoy your new speakers.
Posted By: JohnK Re: With Apologies to Fredk. - 05/16/09 01:37 AM
Very good, Rob; enjoy. And although I won't demand "pics" of the "Classical Starter Pack", please describe what you got.
Posted By: Argon Re: With Apologies to Fredk. - 05/16/09 06:38 PM
I got the Holst Planet CD along with Stravinski Rite of Spring, a Vivaldi and a Wagner that my brother recommended. No one on here seems to mention Wagner?

The other speaker showed up yesterday - so I am up and calibrated. \:D
© Axiom Message Boards