Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Argon Jaw Dropping - 06/24/09 04:50 PM
It is a little over a month since I received my speakers - and I have not been surfing the forum as regularly as I was before I got them. As most of you can guess, I have been caught up in re-listening to my CD's and acutally hearing movie soundtracks the way they were intended. I now know what "poor recording" means and I "get" the aquarium scene in NEMO. It is amazing what I have been missing for lo these many. All the pondering over buying speakers sight unheard was definately a waste of brainpower. I purchased several of the recommended Classicals - thanks for all the contributors to those threads.........Rob
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Jaw Dropping - 06/24/09 04:56 PM
Glad you are enjoying your new speakers Rob!
Posted By: cb919 Re: Jaw Dropping - 06/24/09 06:21 PM
Rob, glad to hear it is all working out for you. I forget from the previous threads - what did you order again?
Posted By: PeterChenoweth Re: Jaw Dropping - 06/24/09 06:31 PM
Great!

I think we were all pretty sure that you'd love your Axioms. Glad to hear that they're working out for you as well as they've worked out for (most of) us.

Happy listening. \:\)
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Jaw Dropping - 06/24/09 07:40 PM
Great!
Posted By: JohnK Re: Jaw Dropping - 06/25/09 01:53 AM
Very good, Rob; enjoy. What are some of the things that have dropped your jaw the farthest so far?
Posted By: fredk Re: Jaw Dropping - 06/25/09 05:39 AM
Excellent Rob! It was worth the long wait wasn't it?
Posted By: grunt Re: Jaw Dropping - 06/25/09 05:44 AM
 Originally Posted By: Argon

and I have not been surfing the forum as regularly as I was before I got them. As most of you can guess, I have been caught up in re-listening to my CD's and acutally hearing movie soundtracks the way they were intended.

Same thing happened to me when I moved into the house and could really start enjoying my speakers.
Posted By: Argon Re: Jaw Dropping - 06/25/09 04:20 PM
I purchased an Epic 60 - 500 system. My only regret is that I did not do it sooner. As far as Jaw Dropping - I think Holst Planets and the Cello concertos. I can't discount the moments that I had with "number 2" daughter listening to Vivaldi either. For female vocals - my wife is an Alison Kraus fan and we have run back through most of her and Union Station CD's. As for the LFE and surround effects - besides the aquarium scene, I have Band of Brothers and have watched several of the episodes 4 or 5 times since hooking up the speakers. I might add that I am nowhere near getting through everything that is on my list to check out.........Rob
Posted By: Argon Re: Jaw Dropping - 06/25/09 04:23 PM
 Originally Posted By: grunt
Same thing happened to me when I moved into the house and could really start enjoying my speakers.

Well.......Even though I have a house, I can't REALLY enjoy them unless my wife is out.....
Posted By: Olderbutwiser Re: Jaw Dropping - 06/29/09 09:47 PM
Oh you can still enjoy them you just can't enjoy them at the volumn level you prefer. I have the same issue with my wife, however I have noticed that no matter what volumn level you play at you hear the material the way the artist and sound engineers intended it to be heard. I just prefer really LOUD.
Posted By: a401classic Re: Jaw Dropping - 07/02/09 02:13 AM
 Originally Posted By: Argon
... For female vocals - my wife is an Alison Kraus fan and we have run back through most of her and Union Station CD's. ......Rob

If you have Netflix or similar, order up the AKUS Live DVD. Watch out for the electric upright bass on one of their songs (Track 12 on the CD set, don't remember which one on the DVD). If your EP500 is set for the standard double bass, you'll have doors rattling and pictures falling off the wall when the electric hits.

Enjoy!

Scott
Posted By: Argon Re: Jaw Dropping - 07/02/09 04:29 PM
True on the enjoyment part....I think I have seen - some time back - the AKUS show on TV. Good suggestion, though, as I am running back through everything anyway.

I started reading Band of Brothers the other night - which prompted me to watch the first episode again....I get more mileage out of that set of DVD's than any other.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Jaw Dropping - 07/02/09 04:49 PM
That is a good book, and I agree about the mileage thing on the DVD set.
© Axiom Message Boards