Axiom Home Page
Posted By: EFalardeau Where is my disk? - 07/14/09 10:54 PM
Let's get one thing crystal clear: this is NOT a joke.
It is NOT an attempt at a joke either or a feable jest of any kind.

1) Watching Lost on BD on my Panasonic BD-30
2) Remote control is getting very low; there is a glitch with the Harm.890 where when you put it in its cradle, it reboots and shutdowns everything
3) Pick back up remote and re-select BD-30 to re-power system
4) Device comes up, shows loading BD, then Play and then Stop (which is actually pretty normal)
5) I press play... not the fastest load I have seen so far...
6) Then the tray opens... EMPTY!!

Where is my Disk 6 of Lost Season 2???

I can play other disks. I searched the area in case it fell on the floor and that I did not notice. I re-checked the box in case I have been sleep-watching... Nothing. Nada. Rien!
Power on/off, shook it a little (not too much either).

Any disk I put in plays very well, so the disk is not interfering or anything.

Anyone has a CONSTRUCTIVE IDEA (yeah, Mark, stay out of this one! \:\) ) before I have to tear the player apart? (also, the player is not in an annoying position to reach).

I repeat, this is NOT A JOKE! I admit it is sort of funny, but it is quite serious. I lost my Lost disk.
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Where is my disk? - 07/14/09 11:28 PM
Okay, Okay, I admit. It was all a joke.
You caught me!
It was an exercise to test your Sherlock Holmes power of deduction. The solution was:

1) Unplug cable box (which resides on top of the SACD player, separated by 1" blocks for heat)

2) Unplug the SACD player (which resides on top of BD-30, separated by 1" blocks for heat)

3) Unplug the BD-30 and look at it from all angles.

4) Plug back the power to open the tray; disk remains invisible

5) Shake the unit (respectfully); not even a strange clanking sound

6) Plug back the BD-30 and push it back into the HT Unit. Check on the HDMI switch... Wrong cable! (there were 3 to choose from). Pick right cable.

7) Plug back the Oppo. Check on the HDMI switch... Nothing! Have to power it on! Unit starts... and reads a disk inside... Weird, I very, very rarely leave a disk in my SACD players. And I distinctly remember that I remove a disk like just now.

8) Open the Oppo tray... The disk I thought I had removed was still in it. Very peculiar. On the one hand, I loose a disk when an empty tray, and now I find a duplicate of a disk I had just removed while switching "Activities" on the remote before it glitched...

9) And then it hit me! I had thought of a joke soooo fast, that I had had time to tell everybody about it before it caught me! THAT'S fast thinking! So I realized that my whole post was a joke afterall, I just hadn't gotten it yet!

So, I confess I was making a joke. So we're all clear, I was NOT making a fool of myself, I was making JOKE! \:\)

EDIT: And YES, the Lost disk was in the case of the SACD I was just listening...
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Where is my disk? - 07/14/09 11:32 PM
And....seriously... you were afraid of ME offering help?
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: Where is my disk? - 07/14/09 11:45 PM
Afraid is a strong word...
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Where is my disk? - 07/15/09 12:37 AM
 Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
And....seriously... you were afraid of ME offering help?

\:D

Good stuff all around. Eric, that was really funny, too. Thanks for admitting to it, at least!
Posted By: Murph Re: Where is my disk? - 07/15/09 12:52 PM
Nice! Now can you come to my house and find my socks that the clothes dryer seems to steal?
© Axiom Message Boards