Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Damien M22'S And Denon's Mp3 Restorer - 09/08/09 02:40 PM
Hi! I'm about to re-do my speaker system. I'm planning to buy two pair of the M22's and a VP150 center channel I will replace my sub later. My receiver is the Denon 3808.

I have all of my music in mp3 format. I use Denon's mp3 restorer. I was wondering if anyone has listened to a mp3 with the m22's or any other Axiom speaker?
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: M22'S And Denon's Mp3 Restorer - 09/08/09 02:54 PM
Hi Damien,

If you are using a MP3 player with your Denon make sure you turn off any audio enhancement features on the player and check the equilizer on the player that is set to flat or off. I have noticed on a few MP3 players that some of these features are utilized on the manufacturer setting. These features can color the sound and can add distortion and ruin the neutral sound quality of the M22.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: M22'S And Denon's Mp3 Restorer - 09/08/09 03:20 PM
Denon has a feature to take compressed media and uncompress, which is usefull for many MP3 and other audio files.
Posted By: Damien Re: M22'S And Denon's Mp3 Restorer - 09/08/09 03:55 PM
Yes I know about the restoer. In fact I use the restorer the HQ setting. Do you think it is near cd qualty?

Note: I use mp3's rather than cds because I have a physical disabilty.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: M22'S And Denon's Mp3 Restorer - 09/08/09 04:07 PM
I was just replying to the Dr. \:\) I don't use it that much as I usually am listening to my CD's, not ripped media. I think it works well though, may have to try it again...
Posted By: terzaghi Re: M22'S And Denon's Mp3 Restorer - 09/08/09 10:34 PM
I own a denon 3808 with m80's. Regarding the restrore button, I don't really use it on mp3's since most of my music is in FLAC format, but I do use it occasionally with internet radio streams. It seems to help.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: M22'S And Denon's Mp3 Restorer - 09/08/09 10:53 PM
David, have you tried it with Pandora? I think they stream at 128kbps. I listen to Pandora all the time, I should try Restore. Which setting do you use to most?
Posted By: Damien Re: M22'S And Denon's Mp3 Restorer - 09/08/09 11:02 PM
The HQ setting of the restorer seems to sound the best.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: M22'S And Denon's Mp3 Restorer - 09/09/09 01:46 AM
I will have to give it a try, not tonight, everyone is in bed already. \:\)
Posted By: JohnK Re: M22'S And Denon's Mp3 Restorer - 09/09/09 02:29 AM
Of course, there's no way that digital data which have been discarded in the compression process can somehow be found and restored. What's gone is gone. Apparently these so-called "restorers" add a boost to the treble frequencies, since one of the effects of a high compression level is a roll-off in the treble.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: M22'S And Denon's Mp3 Restorer - 09/09/09 03:28 AM
Randy, I don't listen to Pandora through my axioms. If listening to internet radio it is usually through the network interface of the 3808. I listen to the stations that are available through http://www.radiodenon.com

I am pretty sure that the restorer just boosts the treble and bass a little. I think the difference between the various restorer modes is in the amount of boost that is applied. I usually find the second or third choice to be the best, but it depends on what I am listening to.
Posted By: dewd Re: M22'S And Denon's Mp3 Restorer - 09/09/09 12:48 PM
My car unit has a MP3 enhancer feature. It mainly made things louder (not better). Just keep in mind it is not possible for any 'restorer' to know what it is restoring (the data is gone). One thing for sure, the better the speaker the more you will notice this fact.
Posted By: Murph Re: M22'S And Denon's Mp3 Restorer - 09/09/09 05:08 PM
Another male enhancement treatment crushed by science.

Just stop the compression, wear boxers!!!

Oh, wait, what were you talking about again?
Posted By: fredk Re: M22'S And Denon's Mp3 Restorer - 09/09/09 08:11 PM

© Axiom Message Boards