Axiom Home Page
Posted By: SirQuack New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/14/09 12:24 AM
I'm very excited to try out the new M22's, got the email today they shipped!
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/14/09 12:44 AM
Congrats, Randy! I'm sure you'll like em.
Posted By: Adrian Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/14/09 01:30 AM
+1....let us know how they compare to your other Ax's.
Posted By: JohnK Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/14/09 01:44 AM
Very good, Randy; to suggest some likely material to demonstrate their excellence, I'll go with...oh...say Holst's The Planets and Rachmaninoff's symphonies and tone poems(big surprise, eh).
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/14/09 01:55 AM
Excellent!
Posted By: SirQuack Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/14/09 02:12 AM
top of my list John. \:\)
Posted By: pmbuko Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/14/09 02:14 AM
Welcome to the club! \:\)
Posted By: Adrian Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/14/09 02:21 AM
Unless you have a secret handshake, it doesn't qualify as a "club".
Posted By: jakewash Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/14/09 05:54 AM
It's so secret even those in the club don't know how to do it ;\)
Posted By: grunt Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/14/09 07:42 AM
 Originally Posted By: jakewash
It's so secret even those in the club don't know how to do it ;\)

I can vouch for that.

I can vouch for that.
Posted By: BigHonu Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/14/09 09:06 AM
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
Posted By: grunt Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/14/09 09:30 AM
Oops, cut and pasted the wrong line. What the second line was supposed to say is:

Randy, what prompted you to order M22s? Sorry if I missed you posting about it in another thread.
Posted By: fredk Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/14/09 09:42 AM
Oh Maaan. Its hard enough trying to keep up with the Joneses, but now I can't even keep up with the ducks!
Posted By: CV Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/14/09 12:20 PM
It's enough to drive you quackers.
Posted By: Murph Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/14/09 12:56 PM
"Polly wants a cracker, I guess I should get off her first..."
Kurt Cobain
Posted By: SirQuack Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/14/09 07:16 PM
Well, it was a bit of luck I guess. I've been tossing around the idea of getting something going upstairs in the living room to accomodate my Panny Plasma. Ruled out inwalls and onwalls, based on WAF.

About that time I got a magical email from Axiom, I think based on my post count and contribution. Hopefully, Peter and Ken received the same when they passed 10,000.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/14/09 08:37 PM
I think Ken and I both posted a few pictures about our good fortune. \:\)
Posted By: SirQuack Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/14/09 09:14 PM
ok good, now I don't feel so bad. \:\) Now I need to start saving for a matching VP100 and some rears...
Posted By: merchman Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/15/09 12:16 AM
Congrats Randy. What finish are the new speakers going to be? Looking forward to your impression of them. \:\)
Posted By: SirQuack Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/15/09 12:27 AM
We went with the new Standard Black Oak finish Axiom now offers. Figured it would match the black Plasma the best.

Posted By: merchman Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/15/09 12:30 AM
Are you gonna wall mount them or put them on stands?
Posted By: SirQuack Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/15/09 12:32 AM
note about new finish...Axiom is now offering a new stock Black Oak vinyl finish. If you need your speakers in our old Black Oak finish, you may purchase them for no extra charge in our
Custom Vinyl Shop
Posted By: SirQuack Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/15/09 12:34 AM
I think we will put them on stands. We are in the market for a new shelf/stand for the plasma and audio equipment. Our current entertainment center is huge and nice solid wood that used to hold my old Toshiba 32" CRT. If the stand is wide enough I could put the speakers to the side of the TV...
Posted By: merchman Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/15/09 12:36 AM
You do know that we will need pics when all is hooked up and running. ;\)
Posted By: SirQuack Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/15/09 12:40 AM
yep, I'm going to move my Denon 2805 up here since it is not being used anymore. \:\) I need to figure out how to run the wiring up through the walls, across the attic, and down the other walls. I was thinking to just put speaker wall plates on both walls, that way if the wifey decides to move the plasma to the other wall some day, I can just move the rears, and hook the receiver up to the other side...

Since the weather is cooler, sucks, maybe I will get up in the attic this weekend, and try not to pull a Chevy Chase in Xmas Vacation.
Posted By: jumbo_tron Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/15/09 04:11 AM
Sirquack when did they switch to the new Black Oak finish, because I just got my M22's with the old finish about a month and a half ago and my surrounds just came 2 days ago with the new finish. I didn't notice this on the website when I ordered them on 10/06/09. Was this change made in the time frame from when I ordered them to when I received them or was it my mistake for not noticing it?
Posted By: SirQuack Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/15/09 02:11 PM
Jumbo, I really don't know, I'm sure Axiom could tell you.. When I was looking at the Products page for each speaker, there is a New link above the black sample square.
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/15/09 02:26 PM
The new finish was announced in the July 2009 newsletter, which was e-mailed on July 30th. Someone noticed the new black finish on the site about a week before.
Posted By: FordPrefect Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/15/09 02:28 PM
I think it was first mentioned in the July 2009 Newsletter.

Oops just a little bit too slow on the trigger.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/15/09 03:27 PM
is there an echo in here. \:\)
Posted By: jakewash Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/15/09 03:43 PM
is there an echo in here. \:\)
Posted By: pmbuko Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/15/09 04:50 PM
here.... here....
Posted By: davidsch Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/15/09 04:54 PM
Congrats Randy! You have made many valuable contributions to the posters on this forum. Enjoy your new toys.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/15/09 09:39 PM
and pissed many people off evidentially, its all good
Posted By: myrison Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/16/09 01:09 AM
 Originally Posted By: sirquack
and pissed many people off evidentially, its all good

Yes, but from my experience with you, they generally deserved whatever flak you gave them. \:\) Congrats on the M22s.

Jason
Posted By: pmbuko Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/16/09 04:01 AM
Not all of them. ;\)

Randy is who he is and we haven't run him out of town yet, so I guess that says something.
Posted By: richeydog Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/16/09 04:43 AM
 Originally Posted By: pmbuko
Randy is who he is and we haven't run him out of town yet, so I guess that says something.

Randy needs to stick around.

Someone has to give Jack and Ray a run for the annual Curmudgeon of the Year award...
Posted By: jakewash Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/16/09 06:13 AM
Haven't seen Ray around these parts in a long time.......Wonder how he is doing.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/16/09 03:16 PM
He may have gotten lost on the way from the couch to the computer.
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/16/09 04:14 PM
I think both Jack and Ray are starting to get pretty busy at Tweak City Audio (they are in cahoots with CraigSub).
Posted By: SirQuack Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/16/09 04:45 PM
Cheers! Heading off to lunch. There is a bar here in town called The Miller Highlife, as the name implies it is a 70's theme bar with all the 70's favorite brews...great chilly...
Posted By: Argon Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/16/09 04:58 PM
 Originally Posted By: pmbuko
Not all of them. ;\)

Anyone with a username like "Sirquack" gets my vote just on principle.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/16/09 09:04 PM
I should have Axiom change the name, it used to be my friends email name, just used it...lol
Posted By: richeydog Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/16/09 09:49 PM
Change it to what?

Sir Randy?
Randyman?
UmakeMeRandyBaby?
Posted By: SirQuack Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/16/09 09:52 PM
ha ha, I should start a thread on what my new name should be, winner gets a bottle of my wine...unless it is against the law to ship wine, lol.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/16/09 10:07 PM
 Originally Posted By: tomtuttle
I think both Jack and Ray are starting to get pretty busy at Tweak City Audio (they are in cahoots with CraigSub).

Tom, your spell check misspelled "Old Coots" again....
Posted By: RickF Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/16/09 10:09 PM
Since when did the Natty Lite Brewing Company start making wine? I bet that would be a big hit with the wine connoisseurs here on the boards.

\:D
Posted By: SirQuack Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/17/09 04:55 PM
Rick,

I've been making home brew wine and beer for a few months now. All my beer ingredients come from Coopers Brewery, famouse for Sparkling Ale, been around since the 1800's +. I get all my wine juice from the vinyards at Winexpert. A Canadian/USA company, one of the largest.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/21/09 01:16 AM
All I can say is WOW, these m22's are astonishing, fabulous, freaking awesome. I have them sitting on top of my EP350's, just inside the M80's. With the subs incorporated in the mix, they sound soooooooooooooo good, it is almost hard to distinguish them from the M80's.

I wish I had a good A/B switch for blind testing. Now I know why the M22 club members speak so highly of them. But wait, they are an Axiom product, no wonder. \:\)
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/21/09 01:39 AM
M22 are really nice.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/21/09 02:02 AM
They sound excellent with only one sub, too. \:\)
Posted By: jakewash Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/21/09 07:23 AM
Glad to hear you are liking the new M22s Randy. Welcome to the club \:\) . Now we just have to teach you that secret handshake, anyone remember how it goes?
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/21/09 10:36 AM
Now we just have to teach you that secret handshake, anyone remember how it goes?

It's just like the M80 handshake, you just offer less resistance.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/21/09 01:49 PM

Posted By: wilwom Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/21/09 04:25 PM
 Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
Now we just have to teach you that secret handshake, anyone remember how it goes?

It's just like the M80 handshake, you just offer less resistance.

Correction: The M22 handshake should offer more resistance, not less.
Posted By: JohnK Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/22/09 01:26 AM
Except in recognition of the frequency range where the M22s have a 3 ohm impedance while the M80s are 8 ohm.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/22/09 07:07 PM
OK. I've been wrong all this time?

The lower the Ohm rating (say..."4") the LESS resistance as opposed to a higher rating... (say..."8")?????
Posted By: Adrian Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/22/09 07:17 PM
The lower the Ohms rating on the speaker, the more power it draws from your amp therefore, the "4" ohm is actually more efficient than the "8" ohm, isn't it?.....maybe the confusion is in regards to the efficiency of the amp vs the efficiency of the speakers?
Posted By: RickF Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/22/09 07:22 PM
I can't remember all of the details regarding resistance, ohms and so forth but I do know if some guy were to shake my hand in the manner depicted in Randy's post up there I believe an efficient and swift kick to the nads would be in order.
Posted By: Adrian Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/22/09 07:26 PM
Never kick a man's audio equip't, Rick!!
Posted By: RickF Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/22/09 07:32 PM
Adrian it wasn't his audio equipment I was referring to. \:D
Posted By: Murph Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/22/09 07:53 PM
I'm with Rick. Kick regardless of brand.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/22/09 08:00 PM
Less resistance means less energy lost to heat, which means more efficiency electrically. The standard measure of efficiency in audio terms is the 1W at 1 meter dB level. In other words, a microphone is set up 1 meter away from the front of a speaker -- usually a point somewhere between the tweeter and midrange or woofer. Then the speaker reproduces a signal with exactly one watt of power. The resulting sound is measured. More efficient speakers will be louder.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/25/09 04:53 PM
I can't believe how hard it is to find a nice wood console/stand that has an opening for a center speaker. arggg
Posted By: RickF Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/25/09 05:34 PM
Randy I bet Mike Drew can build you a very nice one .... call him up. \:\)
Posted By: jakewash Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/25/09 06:39 PM
I have seen a number with an opening for a center, well, a very small sized center.......
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/26/09 01:26 AM
 Originally Posted By: RickF
Randy I bet Mike Drew can build you a very nice one .... call him up. \:\)

But the shipping....!
Posted By: jakewash Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/26/09 02:09 AM
It would probably be cheaper to fly Mike down/back and build it on site, rather than ship it.
Posted By: Potatohead Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/27/09 08:13 PM
 Originally Posted By: RickF
I can't remember all of the details regarding resistance, ohms and so forth but I do know if some guy were to shake my hand in the manner depicted in Randy's post up there I believe an efficient and swift kick to the nads would be in order.

LOL

Gold
Posted By: Sussudio Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/27/09 08:41 PM
 Originally Posted By: sirquack
I can't believe how hard it is to find a nice wood console/stand that has an opening for a center speaker. arggg

Take a look at Salamander. Maybe a wee bit pricey but not horribly expensive. They are VERY well built. (you actually assemble them but they go together very nicely) They are quite solid and look great but best of all they are adaptable for a zillion different configurations. You should be able to get a good fit for both your plasma and your center speaker.

I had to get mine through a dealer. You might have to do the same. Try A plus Home Solutions in Des Moines. Or look on Agon... sometimes I see them listed there.

You can go online and see what they have. They also have a 'configurator' where you can build what you want and then get a price estimate.

http://www.salamanderdesigns.com/products/av.jsp

Stephen
Posted By: SirQuack Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/27/09 10:20 PM
\:\) Thanks Stephen.... !

Looks like Urbandale (suburb of Des Moines) also carries that line, may have to check them out...

Great first post...

Best,
Randy
Posted By: Sussudio Re: New M22's in route to Iowa. - 10/27/09 11:16 PM
I have two... both from the Synergy Series. One is an upright "Single 40" and the other is a "Triple 20". The shelf sizes are adjustable but the basic 'unit-size per shelf', if you will, would hold an amp about the size of an Odyssey Stratos. They also offer some nice touches like metal screens for ventilation, solid industrial casters, and removable backs that are designed to accommodate cables and chords.

These really are quality pieces... for MDF-based furniture, that is. For the price, I doubt you could find any better.... different but not better.

Stephen
© Axiom Message Boards