Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Chevy Cable / wiring marking, labelling - 11/07/09 01:12 PM
Hi ! Everyone.

Somebody has sugestion about for marking cable & wire on HT set (behind receiver and TV set...)

I'm looking for something efficient,& look nice & friendly.

like all of you, i have spagetti & it's not always quick and easy to work for clean up or maintenance.
by the way i'm looking for HT main wallplate for 5.1 & 7.1.

Basicly I'm looking for Canadian source I don't like Custom fees.

.. any idea ? and picture ?.

Posted By: Zarak Re: Cable / wiring marking, labelling - 11/07/09 01:41 PM
I just use a label maker and label both ends of the cable so I don't have to trace wires to figure out what in connected to what.

As far as the wallplate goes, partsexpress should have them. I got cables from monoprice, but don't recall if they have wall plates too.
Posted By: OhioKyle Re: Cable / wiring marking, labelling - 11/07/09 05:34 PM
Label makers are great for both wires and wallplates. I use the clear labels for my wallplates. You can buy premade wallplates for just the speakers or if you need something more flexible look up keystone jacks. There are several brands and they allow you to build a custom plate just for your needs.
Posted By: BigHonu Re: Cable / wiring marking, labelling - 11/08/09 10:50 AM
Painters tape to flag the cables and a whole crap load of cable ties for cable management
Posted By: jakewash Re: Cable / wiring marking, labelling - 11/09/09 08:35 AM
Monoprice is great, low prices that make up for custom fees.
Posted By: BigHonu Re: Cable / wiring marking, labelling - 11/09/09 09:53 AM
 Originally Posted By: jakewash
Monoprice is great, low prices that make up for custom fees.

Not to mention shipping costs to the middle of the Pacific!
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Cable / wiring marking, labelling - 11/09/09 05:11 PM
Just get some white elecrician's tape. stick it on both ends a each cable and write on it. I've been doing that for years.
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Cable / wiring marking, labelling - 11/09/09 05:29 PM
I refuse to give my money to segregationist tape manufacturers.
Posted By: Murph Re: Cable / wiring marking, labelling - 11/09/09 07:30 PM
I agree with the Dead Terrorist.

I outfitted my room last year with this 7.1 wall plate and a ton of speaker wire, plugs and connectors from Monoprice and even after shipping, I saved WAYYYY more than anywhere I could buy in Canada.

Posted By: Adrian Re: Cable / wiring marking, labelling - 11/09/09 09:05 PM
Achmed know's wiring and connectors for sure.
Posted By: Ray3 Re: Cable / wiring marking, labelling - 11/12/09 05:46 PM
 Originally Posted By: pmbuko
I refuse to give my money to segregationist tape manufacturers.

They are actually a pretty liberal company. They also make black (which is a combo of all colors) and blue, red, green.....you get the idea.
Posted By: a401classic Re: Cable / wiring marking, labelling - 11/12/09 08:18 PM
I used a 4 pair wall plate for the QS8's and color coded heat shrink to (almost) match the surround sound color coding. Basically, I have the 4 wires bundled in white braided tubing, sealed with a large heat-shrink tube. Each wire is then color marked, then into banana plugs and into the wall plate.

Scott
© Axiom Message Boards