Axiom Home Page
Posted By: oldskoolboarder Axiom Sub Reviews - 05/25/03 07:09 AM
I have read some reviews that have not regarded Axiom subs highly. I'm curious to hear from other Axiom owners to know if this is a shared opinion.

If you use another sub, what do you use? I was considering a Paradigm PDR12. I can get that for $419.
Posted By: chesseroo Re: Axiom Sub Reviews - 05/25/03 03:50 PM
If you try some searching on the forums for topics with words like
subwoofer
ep350
ep175
Hsu
SVS
you should find plenty of material for you to peruse about opinions.
Posted By: ravi_singh Re: Axiom Sub Reviews - 05/27/03 12:58 PM
I tried that Paradigm sub, well, that whole line, and I didn't like it. I found them boomy and the bass didn't disperse very well.

Axiom makes a better sub. Cleaner and more control.

I never heard SVS and HSU but I hear they perform extremely well.
Posted By: sushi Re: Axiom Sub Reviews - 05/28/03 10:43 PM
Yeah, I guess that Hsu VTF-2 (US$500), for instance, is a better choice than the Paradigm.
Posted By: GLH Re: Axiom Sub Reviews - 05/29/03 06:05 PM
I have a Velodyne HGSII-12 for HT and an Athena AS-P400 for a smaller system. Both are musical subs with the HGS going lower and with a lot more energy.
Posted By: LSUDAN Re: Axiom Sub Reviews - 06/01/03 02:37 AM
I have an Axiom sub and IMHO they are not worth the money. There are better subs for less out there. Their other speakers are great and I wish I would have not bought their sub. Just my 2 cents.
Posted By: spiffnme Re: Axiom Sub Reviews - 06/01/03 08:52 PM
I have the Hsu VTF-2 and it's really great. I've heard Velodyne, and a few others, and they don't come close to the Hsu for tight, quick bass. The Hsu can also rumble with the best of them for HT. The VTF-2 msrp is $499, but it's seems as though it's nearly always available for $449 on their site. If you want the same quick bass, but the ability to go ever lower, and louder, their VTF-3 does just that, and it's now available in a real rosewood veneer.

Craig

Posted By: _mikebaby Re: Axiom Sub Reviews - 06/06/03 04:22 PM
I have an SVS 20-39PC+ This subwoofer puts a smile on my face every time I hear it. It goes down DEEP, and it's powerful. I've also heard the Hsu VTF-2, and that is also an impressive sub. If you decide on SVS or Hsu, you will not be disappointed. The SVS seemed to be a bit more bang for the buck so I decided to take that road myself. mikebaby
© Axiom Message Boards