Axiom Home Page
Posted By: jdv in cabinet M60s - 11/20/09 06:18 AM
I am considering build out of a custom cabinet featuring the in-cab M60s. I am interested in hearing from owners of in-cab M60 or M80s. How do you like them? How well do they perform in relation ot their free standing counterparts? Also interested in people's expereicne building the cabinets themselves.
Posted By: jakewash Re: in cabinet M60s - 11/20/09 07:19 AM
Welcome to the fourum \:\)

You could be waiting for awhile, I know of only one person that has bought a set of the in cab designs, these are very new so comments/reviews are very scarce right now. I, myself, am interested in them as well,, but it will be quite sometime before I buy a set.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: in cabinet M60s - 11/20/09 02:13 PM
If they perform anything like the standard M60's or M80's they would be awesome. The only problem I see is your restricted on placement and can't move them around, or toe them in to get the best soundstage.
Posted By: jdv Re: in cabinet M60s - 11/20/09 04:44 PM
I actually plan to experiment with the placement first (e.g. toe-in) and then build the cabinets around them. I am mostly wondering how they compae soundwise to a standard tower counterpart. Does the in-cabinet design itself compromise the sound quality, or is it really just a matter of placement that will make a difference.

Anyway I can track doen the buyer of the in cabs mentioned by Jay so I can get a direct reference?
Posted By: EFalardeau Re: in cabinet M60s - 11/20/09 04:51 PM
You can be reassured the the design does not compromise the sound otherwise it would not be sold by Axiom. Placement does influence how the soundstage is perceived and how people sitting at different position on a couch perceives the stereo image. If you have the luxury of finishing the in-wall config after you have a few weeks of testing and getting used to the new speakers, it is good.
Posted By: jdv Re: in cabinet M60s - 11/20/09 05:05 PM
are you waiting to see how they grade out, or more because you don't have a need at present?
Posted By: jakewash Re: in cabinet M60s - 11/20/09 09:40 PM
I have M80s, M22s, Vp100, VP150 etc and really have no need, just toying with some ideas, one of which is to make my own cabinet(enclosure). They only need to be just the size required to house the in-cabs but make the cabinets curved or some other style and stained to match the rest of the house wood work, kind of like a custom Axiom wood series. The fact the in-cabinets have the port on the front and the enclosure I build not being not much bigger than my present M80s, I can put the speakers anywhere I want in the room, right up against the wall if need be \:\)
© Axiom Message Boards