Axiom Home Page
Posted By: TroyD Good quality Pics of all finishes - 01/05/10 02:23 AM
I wish the would post some good qaulity pics full screen size of all the finishes . Exactly like how onn has his. very clear and you can even upsize them. Even just in the real wood
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Good quality Pics of all finishes - 01/05/10 02:38 AM
Axiom will send you actual samples for a small fee.
Posted By: TroyD Re: Good quality Pics of all finishes - 01/05/10 03:28 AM
yeh, I know $11 and $27 each, so about $270 :)))

Now , if they did what onn has done with all the Maple and the stains and Cherry wood and all the stains. I would probably narrow it down to two or three and get the samples.

Posted By: onn Re: Good quality Pics of all finishes - 01/05/10 03:34 AM
This issue has been brought up on numerous occasions in the past. As terzaghi states you can order a sample finish from Axiom. That does help somewhat as that is what I got before I purchased my speakers. One option that Axiom could pursue would be to contact owners of various finishes and ask if their speakers / pictures be used on the products page. Pictures give a fairly good look at what a speaker could look like. The HG finishes are a PITA to take a good pic of. My 1 cent worth of advice.
Mel

Another thought.
If they manufacture a finish for a custumer they could take a pic in the factory.
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Good quality Pics of all finishes - 01/05/10 03:38 AM
They have the speakers there, just before shipping them. I can't see why Axiom can't take pictures of them themselves, and integrate them into their site.
Posted By: onn Re: Good quality Pics of all finishes - 01/05/10 03:39 AM
I'm too slow I was editing my post as you were posting Cat
Mel
Posted By: CatBrat Re: Good quality Pics of all finishes - 01/05/10 03:40 AM
No your not too slow, I just read too fast.
Posted By: TroyD Re: Good quality Pics of all finishes - 01/05/10 03:48 AM
yeh, eventually they would get them all up there. Mel your pics are what pretty well have me sold on Real Wood. It was Outlet or HG Cherry before that. I know I can order samples but, let see .... HG Cherry Viynl, Semi Gloss Cherry Bordeux, Semi Gloss Cherry Nutmeg,HG Cherry Nutmeg, HG Cherry Borbeux, also in Maple stains and a few others. I am sure I can narrow that down to a few even a few samples would be $100.

I now even have Walnut on the radar

giv3en that outlets are $1350 and HG Cherry is $2500 takes alot to see the $1200 difference. Ok now I got to think I love the real wood but, $1200 worth ;( now I am thinking again

Posted By: SirQuack Re: Good quality Pics of all finishes - 01/05/10 04:28 AM
A picture on a website will not do the exact product justice.
Posted By: Wid Re: Good quality Pics of all finishes - 01/05/10 04:33 AM

I think Axiom should hire Mark to come up and take some better pics.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Good quality Pics of all finishes - 01/05/10 05:05 AM
Or give him an epic 80/800 7.4 surround system in a real wood finish of his choice as payment
Posted By: CV Re: Good quality Pics of all finishes - 01/05/10 05:21 AM
And a room to put it in, right?
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Good quality Pics of all finishes - 01/05/10 05:25 AM
Well what good is a room if it isn't attached to a luxury 6500 SF home?
Posted By: Potatohead Re: Good quality Pics of all finishes - 01/05/10 06:56 AM
I agree, I had a hard time deciding what I wanted in the finish as well. I do agree though that even if they took super pro pictures with the proper backgrounds and what not, they still would get complaints... Not everyone has the same monitor settings, etc. It's easy to say they should take pics of any speakers they do that they don't have pictures of already, but then that delays the shipment and we all know the guy waiting wants his stuff now. It may be different with vinyl where they probably do one speaker at a time, but I would imagine with the real wood stains, they do them all at once, step by step. Pictures also add another step of handling which can lead to scratches or other marks.
Posted By: a401classic Re: Good quality Pics of all finishes - 01/05/10 09:43 AM
For a semi-recent real wood sample, I had the nice folks at Axiom use 3 different colors on the same board (vertically). Once I got it I put on my own semi- and high- gloss finishes (horizontally) to end up with a 9 sample grid. Scroll thru My HT pics, you'll see it.

Oh, I'll make it easy. PIC . As Randy said, no pic will do the real thing justice.

Scott
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Good quality Pics of all finishes - 01/05/10 11:43 AM
I have to agree that the samples are their best bet, though I do appreciate the new home offer! \:\)

As was said, the problem is that you can calibrate an image to get the color correct on the server end, but you can't control what everyone elses' monitors look like. And you know, lots of people will order a $7K system based on a photo and return it because they "thought it would be a little more/less orange/brown/yellow/red/dark/light". Then Axiom is eating enormous shipping costs.

Or, some people won't return them but they'll never quite be satisfied with the purchase either.

My guess is that most people would really only need 1-5 samples and, if I'm not mistaken, that cost is refunded when the samples are returned.

There's no substitute for seeing the actual wood with the actual stain with the actual gloss choice under YOUR lighting in YOUR home.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Good quality Pics of all finishes - 01/05/10 01:05 PM
I too have heard that the cost is refunded when the samples are returned and a purchase is made.
Posted By: HAY Re: Good quality Pics of all finishes - 01/05/10 02:25 PM
Some pics for you of HG cherry...

Mine...

Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Good quality Pics of all finishes - 01/05/10 02:36 PM
I love that room, Hay.....
Posted By: jakewash Re: Good quality Pics of all finishes - 01/05/10 05:33 PM
I love those speakers \:\)
Posted By: RickF Re: Good quality Pics of all finishes - 01/05/10 06:46 PM
I love that room and those speakers ... Hay, what's the name of the speaker stands/feet you are using with the 60s? Those are slick.
Posted By: Sloped Re: Good quality Pics of all finishes - 01/05/10 07:56 PM
HAY, quit doing that. I have another 2 weeks of waiting before my HG Cherry's show up and this just drives the knife deeper.

By the way, pictures can sell the finish. These are the ones that sealed the deal for me. This and a response from someone that used the Boston Cherry finish as a reference point.

I think that sample pics could help, when there is a know reference such as BC included.
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: Good quality Pics of all finishes - 01/05/10 08:00 PM
 Originally Posted By: RickF
I love that room and those speakers ... Hay, what's the name of the speaker stands/feet you are using with the 60s? Those are slick.

Weren't those the custom ones he had made, but promised to get us all good deals on? \:D And someone else was making glass stands for each of us too. \:D
Posted By: TroyD Re: Good quality Pics of all finishes - 01/05/10 08:24 PM
Hay ...
Hey, Hey HEy that did it. I am not going FO.
Is that the VaSSallo's in HG Cherry or the HG Cherry in the VInyl ordering section.
Also, if VaSSallo what stain of Cherry. I was lookin at NUtmeg and Bordeuax ( not spelled correct )
Thems just too awesome, not to go with VaSSallo

Now as some have mentioned and where some have me talked into running my sub 100% I may just go with the 60's. my only problem is I want to try the 60's out first. Too make sure I wish I had the money to have 60's and 80's sent to blind test them. Then send them back and have the VaSSallo's sent out. ;(

I didn't know you could get your money back for the samples if you return them. Think I am going to order a sample a week til I get what I want, now. But, yeh Onn's and Hay's pics have got me convinced. just in that type of quality pics.

I am going to order HG Cherry in the Vinyl and a HG Cherry Nutmeg and Bordeaux and one Semi Gloss Cherry, just to see the difference between HG and a Semi Gloss
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Good quality Pics of all finishes - 01/05/10 08:29 PM
 Quote:
I'm not mistaken, that cost is refunded when the samples are returned.

Double check before ordering, as I wasn't positive about this!
Posted By: jakewash Re: Good quality Pics of all finishes - 01/05/10 08:36 PM
Hay's speakers are HG cherry from the vinyl production side of things, IIRC.
Posted By: TroyD Re: Good quality Pics of all finishes - 01/05/10 10:27 PM
wow ... no WOW I think I may just saved myself a $1000, but I like that name tag on the VaSSallos ;\) awesome finish
Posted By: HAY Re: Good quality Pics of all finishes - 01/06/10 06:31 AM
Yes, mine are Vinyl HG Cherry.

The top pics are of another board member from Toronto, it is a nice room and great pics. Mine are the bottom 3. I will try some new pics since we got a better camera.

The posts on outriggers... Balancing M80's
Posted By: Potatohead Re: Good quality Pics of all finishes - 01/06/10 06:37 AM
 Originally Posted By: troyd
wow ... no WOW I think I may just saved myself a $1000, but I like that name tag on the VaSSallos ;\) awesome finish

You get the name tag on the custom vinyl too... I have the pics to prove it :).
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: Good quality Pics of all finishes - 01/06/10 07:11 AM
Oh, I was thinking you had them custom fabricated. That's excellent.
Posted By: michael_d Re: Good quality Pics of all finishes - 01/06/10 05:01 PM
I wish the would post some good qaulity pics full screen size of all the finishes . Exactly like how onn has his. very clear and you can even upsize them. Even just in the real wood

Axiom is very interested in what their customers and potential customers would like to see and want. I think your idea has merit despite the comments supporting the reasons to not have better pictures. This is an internet only sales company and they should improve their speaker custom configuration shopping page.

I suggest you send Peter Bell a PM to get his attention. Find his user name in the what’s new forum. I guarantee that he would appreciate your input.
Posted By: Argon Re: Good quality Pics of all finishes - 01/06/10 05:55 PM
I had 3 sample finishes sent out with 3 different grill colors. The grills are interchangeable so you can mix and match. It was a good thing that I had the samples - based on the pics, I would have ordered one of the finishes that ended up being too red in My House, In My Room, In My Lighting (which, with changes in lighting, the color perception changes). One of the finishes that I ordered just for the sake of argument ended up being the best match for my purposes.

One other thing, Axiom no longer refunds the price of the samples unles you return them. Upon return, they issue a full refund - you are still on the hook for shipping.
Posted By: TroyD Re: Good quality Pics of all finishes - 01/07/10 02:39 AM
 Originally Posted By: michael_d

Axiom is very interested in what their customers and potential customers would like to see and want. I think your idea has merit despite the comments supporting the reasons to not have better pictures. This is an internet only sales company and they should improve their speaker custom configuration shopping page.

I suggest you send Peter Bell a PM to get his attention. Find his user name in the what’s new forum. I guarantee that he would appreciate your input.

thanks.
and if it wasn't for onn's and hay's pick I probably would of just went Boston Cherry from the FO. NOw there's no way I will go less than HG Cherry or may even go all out with the real wood Cherry.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Good quality Pics of all finishes - 01/07/10 03:59 AM
I'd love to have some high gloss cherry speakers. I would be tempted to tell them no grill holes though for a really sleek look.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Good quality Pics of all finishes - 01/07/10 07:32 AM
I keep waiting for Axiom to go with magnetic grilles for those of us that like to run our speakers naked once in a while \:\) I would even be tempted to order a complete new set up when/if this happens (If my wife would let me ;\) ).
Posted By: Murph Re: Good quality Pics of all finishes - 01/07/10 02:11 PM
"Honey, would you mind if I spent some money so we could go naked?"
© Axiom Message Boards