Blame the epoxy fumes

Posted by: FordPrefect

Blame the epoxy fumes - 02/01/10 01:36 PM

Hi everyone,

As part of the continuing saga of renovating my 1917/1950/1975/1990s house I just had the 1930ish clawfoot tub reglazed.

The contractor just left (the fumes haven't) and as I was reading my latest Axiom email about the new on wall speakers I had a bit of an idea.

Has any hung a pair of VP150s vertically and used them as mains with a normally hung VP150 used for the center channel?

Any benefits over the M22? Any problems?

The new on-walls would allow us to have a HT setup and easily move it to our yet-to-be found dream home. Why VP150s for the mains? Well I think it would have a very high "cool factor".

Any ideas you have will, as always, be greatly appreciated.

Posted by: tomtuttle

Re: Blame the epoxy fumes - 02/01/10 02:16 PM

Geez, Wayne, open a window!

I'd call Axiom. I bet they'll say to just use M22's for mains.
Posted by: MarkSJohnson

Re: Blame the epoxy fumes - 02/01/10 02:19 PM

::poking Wayne with a stick:: Wayne? WAYNE?

Ditto what Tom said.

I'll be taking a sledgehammer to my tub in a few weeks! \:\)
Posted by: RickF

Re: Blame the epoxy fumes - 02/01/10 02:20 PM

Wayne, towards the middle of this thread* you'll see where VP150s were used as main in at least one application, although not vertically like you are suggesting. Hope your home renovation goes well, sounds like a ton of fun.

*That reminds me, I need to post my observations with the VP100 ... I forgot.
Posted by: Adrian

Re: Blame the epoxy fumes - 02/01/10 02:20 PM

Most people would take a rubber duckie, but, whatever....
Posted by: Ken.C

Re: Blame the epoxy fumes - 02/01/10 04:13 PM

Alan once told me that he had listened to them like that and liked them.