Axiom Home Page
Posted By: PSpee Replacement for Denon AVR-4310 - 04/15/10 01:33 AM
Hi All,

I have a Denon 4310 which has broken down for the second time in six months. Networking component of the main board I think. Needless to say I can't stand being without an amp for a month while Denon fumbles around to fix it, so I'm looking for a replacement while it's in the shop. When it comes back, it will be relegated to basement duty.

In any case, I'm thinking the Yamaha DSP-Z7. I have the M80 home theatre in 5.1.

Any thoughts or other suggestions? I know at that price level there are some good choices, but I'm looking for RELIABILITY in addition to good sound, nice GUI, networking etc.

Thanks!
Posted By: JohnK Re: Replacement for Denon AVR-4310 - 04/15/10 02:13 AM
Peter, I don't know why you'd need to spend as much as the Z7 would probably run for the replacement. If you like the 4310, the most logical suggestion might be the 3310. The Onkyo 3007 should also be considered.
Posted By: michael_d Re: Replacement for Denon AVR-4310 - 04/15/10 02:57 PM
Find a 3808. Best dam AVR that's been releaced in years. If there was something better, you can be asured that I'd have it.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Replacement for Denon AVR-4310 - 04/15/10 04:58 PM
I second or is that third, both John's and Michael's suggestions.

Dean('grunt' on the forum) has the Onkyo 3007 and it appears to run the M80s very easily and I also have the 3808 and it has worked great for me. I wonder if the Dealer you went through would be willing to give you a new or refurbed 4310 in exchange (yours seems to be a lemon), this way you wouldn't be out of an avr during the repair time. It wouldn't hurt to ask.
Posted By: PSpee Re: Replacement for Denon AVR-4310 - 04/15/10 05:12 PM

I have peaked Denon's interest. They say they are baffled by the problem and want me to send them the unit in Ontario (I'm in Vancouver). I'm thinking I'll be without it for a month or so.... totally unacceptable, but what can you do.

I did send them links to posts in the AVS forums of owners having the same issue tho - so they can't be too surprised.

I have a Denon 990 (same as the 3310) and it has been great. No complaints. Maybe I'll pick up another!

Thanks guys-
Posted By: PSpee Re: Replacement for Denon AVR-4310 - 04/15/10 07:49 PM
Meh... picked up a Denon 590 which will go to the Study once the 4310 comes back from repair.

$500 -- not bad for a HDMI switching receiver with Audessy.
© Axiom Message Boards