Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Nashvegas Rocks Good News and Bad News - 04/15/10 07:18 PM
Good news, got my Axiom and SVS shipment yesterday. Bad news, appears I received a bad M22 as it played for a couple hours then quit on me today. None of the drivers are working and it gave no notice before abruptly quit. I did try switching speakers to ensure it was not my Denon. Good news, TT Axiom and they are sending out a replacement as they feel it could be a bad crossover.

Now what do i do with my good equipment just sitting there? Guess i hook up one of my oldies and just deal with it.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Good News and Bad News - 04/15/10 07:24 PM
Dang, that's a bit of bad luck. I wonder if something happened in shipping?
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Good News and Bad News - 04/16/10 04:45 AM
I doubt it would be shipping damage that would cause a faulty crossover. That speaker would have to take one hell of a beating for that to occur since it is so well protected by the packaging as well as the cabinet. It could also be something as simple as a loose connection(s) somewhere. Doesn't really matter however since they are sending you a new speaker.

Good luck and hope you get the replacement quickly.
Posted By: Nashvegas Rocks Re: Good News and Bad News - 04/16/10 04:53 AM
Thanks Dr. I am guessing it is something loose as well, otherwise it wouldn't make sense. It was the first chance I had to even get it kind of turned up too. I was listening to a CD and had the Denon at -10 which means a long ways to go yet. I hope this doesn't make me "gun shy" when i ask for it to perform later. But hey stuff happens and the people at Axiom were very friendly and the first thing he said was let me get another one out to you and we will worry about what happened to this one when it gets back. That is stand up customer service IMO. They could have responded with "what did you do" type of response.
Posted By: grunt Re: Good News and Bad News - 04/16/10 05:29 AM
 Originally Posted By: Nashvegas Rocks

Now what do i do with my good equipment just sitting there? Guess i hook up one of my oldies and just deal with it.

Try standing up your VP100 vertically in place of the M22 main if it sounds ok run a phantom center until the replacement M22 arrives.

One more reason to buy matching L/C/R speakers. ;\) (that’s not aimed at you, just an inside forum joke)
Posted By: jakewash Re: Good News and Bad News - 04/16/10 03:29 PM
I would pull out the lower driver and see if the crossover came aprt or something of that nature, you might be able to 'fix' it and have use of it till the other one arrives.
Posted By: Nashvegas Rocks Re: Good News and Bad News - 04/16/10 05:17 PM
Jake, i thought about that as well but in the end they are sending me a new one and i don't want to do anything that might screw it up and void a warranty.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Good News and Bad News - 04/16/10 05:38 PM
I am somewhat surprised they didn't suggest it in the first place, then again I am sure they want to see for themselves what went wrong for future consideration.
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Good News and Bad News - 04/16/10 06:07 PM
 Originally Posted By: grunt
 Originally Posted By: Nashvegas Rocks

Try standing up your VP100 vertically in place of the M22 main if it sounds ok run a phantom center until the replacement M22 arrives.

This isn't a bad idea as a temporary solution if you can't wait. It would also be a fun experiment to be able to hear if you notice any differences between them and the extent of it.
Posted By: grunt Re: Good News and Bad News - 04/17/10 12:08 AM
 Originally Posted By: Dr. House

This isn't a bad idea as a temporary solution if you can't wait. It would also be a fun experiment to be able to hear if you notice any differences between them and the extent of it.

Shush! He wasn’t suppose to know he was a guinea pig. ;\)
Posted By: Nashvegas Rocks Re: Good News and Bad News - 04/17/10 02:04 AM
i like the idea of trying this but as listen almost exclusively in DD the center would prove to be more vital than a right front IMO. I would be giving up more performance by putting an inferior speaker as my center or am i mistaken?
Posted By: JohnK Re: Good News and Bad News - 04/17/10 02:17 AM
Nash, the suggestion was that you temporarily use the VP100 vertically as one of the mains, since it has the same drivers as the M22, although less bass, of course. You'd be using them to form a "phantom center", which works in DD too. There's no "inferior speaker" in the center.
© Axiom Message Boards