Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Glitchy Need more volume! - 05/16/10 10:52 PM
I need more volume!

Ceiling speakers in my main living area. They feed thru my Onkyo 706 preouts from a squeezebox, thru an Onkyo 100 amp per channel, ?282Pro? AMP ( the same signal also feeds thru a passthru on the Onkyo 282 to a Sherwood AMP for the other zones if desired), to a volume control to 4 speakers in my main living area. I can't get them loud enough.

Is there a setting in the Onkyo AMP, on the in wall volume control, where could it be!
Posted By: fredk Re: Need more volume! - 05/16/10 10:58 PM
Increase the gain on your pre-outs?? My understanding is that there is a limit to how much an amp can amplify and can be limited by a weak signal out of the pre-outs.
Posted By: Wid Re: Need more volume! - 05/16/10 11:02 PM

I know the Onk 707 has a feature called intellivolume. You could look to see if you have that feature and if it works with the 2nd zone.
Posted By: Glitchy Re: Need more volume! - 05/16/10 11:02 PM
 Originally Posted By: fredk
Increase the gain on your pre-outs?? My understanding is that there is a limit to how much an amp can amplify and can be limited by a weak signal out of the pre-outs.

This will hurt!

Is that a setting I can get to on my Onkyo? Haven't found it yet!
Posted By: Glitchy Re: Need more volume! - 05/16/10 11:05 PM
 Originally Posted By: wid

I know the Onk 707 has a feature called intellivolume. You could look to see if you have that feature and if it works with the 2nd zone.

No intel volume, I missed that one

"By That Much"
Posted By: Glitchy Re: Need more volume! - 05/16/10 11:06 PM
 Originally Posted By: wordgasm
 Originally Posted By: fredk

This will hurt!

Is that a setting I can get to on my Onkyo? Haven't found it yet! Don't get me wrong they play .. well loud, but not LOUD!"

Posted By: fredk Re: Need more volume! - 05/17/10 12:56 AM
You know, thats a good question. I just assumed there would be, just like the level control on each channel used for level matching your speakers.

When I set my sub out going through the BFD, it has input monitoring so I could set the sub out for maximum gain, just below clipping on the BFD.

I havn't looked at the pre-outs on my receiver yet as I have nothing to hook up to them.
© Axiom Message Boards