Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Pitbull24 Antimode 8033 - 06/09/10 12:15 AM
Anyone here have any experience with the antimode sub eq? A lot of positive feedback on this unit as best plug n play for the buck. I know the more expensive SVS unit has been discussed here recently, but I could not find any info through the search link.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Antimode 8033 - 06/09/10 03:27 PM
Never heard of this unit myself, buy one and let us know what you think ;\) It looks to be of a decent quality and as you say the reviews are good, it sounds like it is worth a try.
Posted By: Pitbull24 Re: Antimode 8033 - 06/19/10 07:55 PM
Jay, you talked me into it....I will be placing the antimode into the system tonight. Took some rough measurements last night, so I'm anxious to see how this unit smooths things out.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Antimode 8033 - 06/21/10 07:07 AM
Looking forward to your review
Posted By: Pitbull24 Re: Antimode 8033 - 06/21/10 12:42 PM
I haven't had a lot of time to play since setting up the antimode because the wife worked this weekend. After about an hour of viewing/listening I believe I hear a cleaner/tighter bass; I believe most would call it less muddy. Surprisingly, my before measurements were not that bad, so I look forward to more analysis this week. My AVR set the sub trim further back during Audyssey calibration than it was before the addition of the antimode which strikes me odd. I expected a change in the opposite direction based on reviews. The manual states most will wish to run a little hot due to the possible absence room gains. More to come.....
© Axiom Message Boards