Axiom Home Page
Posted By: mike lewis Refinishing Cabinet - 06/14/10 02:29 AM
I have a pair of black oak finish M22's that I am using as part of an outdoor theater. Unfortunately, I dropped one of them on my flagstone patio. The integrity of the cabinet looks ok but the finish is quite scuffed on one side.

Can I sand and refinish the cabinet? Any recommendations or pointers on how to do so?

Thanks for any advice.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Refinishing Cabinet - 06/14/10 02:46 AM
The Axiom speakers are a vinyl wrap, not wood finish, unless you paid extra for the wood veneeer?
Posted By: mike lewis Re: Refinishing Cabinet - 06/14/10 12:54 PM
No, I didn't pay extra for the veneer. Are there any DIY repairs for the vinyl wrapped cabinet?
Posted By: alan Re: Refinishing Cabinet - 06/14/10 01:02 PM
Hello Mike,

It is possible to paint vinyl-wrap cabinets. There was a thread some years ago about this subject, and others on the forums may recall what steps are necessary to ensure the paint adheres to the vinyl wrap.

Email my Axiom colleague Jean-Claude (JC@axiomaudio.com ) who knows what's involved in painting an Axiom vinyl-wrap finish.

Regards,
Alan
Posted By: fredk Re: Refinishing Cabinet - 06/15/10 01:36 AM
You could always veneer over the vinyl. One member here has done that.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Refinishing Cabinet - 06/15/10 06:02 AM
With awesome results I might add \:\)
Posted By: a401classic Re: Refinishing Cabinet - 06/16/10 04:31 PM
There are several spray paints designed to be applied to plastic. Krylon, for example. As a test, maybe you could get a sample board from Axiom to make sure nothing odd happens.

Scott
© Axiom Message Boards