Axiom Home Page
Posted By: bdpf Value of M80s V2 - 06/27/10 03:19 AM
I kind of got used to the all aluminum drivers of my VP180 and really like the magnetic grills. I am debating on if I should upgrading to the V3s. If you would have to guess, how much do you guys think I could get for my V2s on the Axiom auction page?
They are 5 months old and after giving my serial numbers to Noreen, I found out that all my parts are V3s except the crossovers.
Posted By: dakkon Re: Value of M80s V2 - 06/27/10 03:31 AM
if I were going to buy your speakers. i would offer you about 600$.. that way i could get the updated cross overs, and be at 1000$.... this is just me though....
Posted By: bdpf Re: Value of M80s V2 - 06/27/10 10:12 PM
Thanks for the honest opinion.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Value of M80s V2 - 06/28/10 01:29 AM
I would think you could get more than $600 for some M80v2's with some v3 guts, especially if they are as new as you say. Factory Outlet is 10% off, so I would shoot below that, say closer to $900-1000. If someone offered me $600 for those speakers, that would be like a low blow.
Posted By: Ichigo_Kurosaki Re: Value of M80s V2 - 06/28/10 01:58 AM
I guess I wouldn't pay more than $750. Even though they are almost brand new, you should take in consideration that just for being out of factory and being used they have a high depreciation on it's value. As dakkon said it is just my opinion though.
Posted By: dakkon Re: Value of M80s V2 - 06/28/10 02:11 AM
sirquack, thats the point his m80's don't have the "guts" I.E. crossover..... he his were the EXACT same as the V3, with the different dust caps, that would be a Completely different story. then yes 900-1000$.. but considering that Axoim is saying how much of a difference the new crossovers make... well....

bdpf, if i were you, i would just buy the new crossovers and rock out the speakers you have.... does it suck, yeah.... but if that is the only difference (mechanical) difference between the ones you have and the V3's..... thats the route i would go... i though about doing that with my M60's.. but i have the Ti version and there have been numerous changes to the overall design, that just dropping in a different crossover would not be of a huge benefit to me.. according to my phone call with axiom anyhow...

and pretty much everyone knows your lucky to get 50% return on used gear.... unless its still in the original package unopened and unused..
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Value of M80s V2 - 06/28/10 04:30 AM
I'll say it again, when we mentioned the upgrade idea to Ian, he said that everything would have to be replaced in certain cases. I'd always, always, always call Axiom first with the serial numbers to find out what would need to be replaced, rather than just ordering the part you think would need to be replaced to complete the upgrade.
Posted By: bdpf Re: Value of M80s V2 - 06/28/10 03:23 PM
Thanks all for the input. For the crossover being a HUGE improvement, I would wait until someone actually A/B test the M80s V2 vs V3. To my ear at least, the VP180 V3 sounds very very similar to the M80s V2, so I would be hard pressed if it would be worth the extra $300 for both crossovers.The main reasons I wanted to replace them were mostly cosmetic but I won't loose this kind of money just for that as I simply love the way they sound.
Cheers.
© Axiom Message Boards