Axiom Home Page
Posted By: FireGuy Buriram (Thailand) trip this November - 07/25/10 11:29 PM
It's official. My son and his wife have scheduled their Thailand wedding ceremony in November. The mother of all road trips is not far away. I did spend time in the far east while serving in the military (Navy) but I did not get to Thailand. It will be interesting to hear from those who have been in country as to what to expect etc. Also, I understand nOrh speakers are made there and will be quite awesome if I'm near the factory to experience a tour...sure the the wife will enjoy that.

So, I welcome all Thailand experiences.

The 2nd half of 2010 is turning out to be decent. The Axiom day Sept 11th and now Thailand.
Posted By: fredk Re: Buriram (Thailand) trip this November - 07/25/10 11:44 PM
Very cool! I'm guessing your daughter in law to be is Thai. You should get more of an insider's look at Thailand: even more cool!!
Posted By: FireGuy Re: Buriram (Thailand) trip this November - 07/25/10 11:48 PM
Yup, she is Thai. She and my son were here for Xmas and she cooked us an authentic Thai dinner. I needed an fire extinguisher because of the traditional Thai spices. Rather awesome.
Posted By: Lampshade Re: Buriram (Thailand) trip this November - 07/26/10 12:10 AM
My girl friend is from Thailand. I know about the food. It is extremely hot but delicious with complex flavors...and hot. I went to a Thai temple here in USA today. It was a ceremony where the people donated food and money to the monks. It was interesting and fun. Thailand should be an incredible trip.
Posted By: grunt Re: Buriram (Thailand) trip this November - 07/26/10 12:11 AM
I love Thailand! But to paraphrase, what happens in Thailand stays in Thailand. . . .

Congratulations and enjoy the trip and hopefully the flight. Going direct from the States or stopping on the way?
Posted By: FireGuy Re: Buriram (Thailand) trip this November - 07/26/10 12:26 AM
We're planning on a few stops...maybe San Francisco (really want to visit the "Rock") and Hawaii. Still in the discussion and planning stage. Stopping a day or two at other sites will break up that long, 24-hour flight. Grunt - good advise on what happens in Thailand stays in Thailand, I embrace that philosophy 2 blocks away.
Posted By: mpyw Re: Buriram (Thailand) trip this November - 07/26/10 10:11 AM
If you stop by Kuala Lumpur, I could give you some tips on where to explore :p
Posted By: FireGuy Re: Buriram (Thailand) trip this November - 07/26/10 03:21 PM
Nice. I'll keep this invite in mind. Exploring is cool.
© Axiom Message Boards