Axiom Home Page
Posted By: Tico Fed Ex Delivery - 07/28/10 06:37 PM
Fed Ex just delivered one M80 speaker. I ordered an Epic 80-500 system two weeks ago and am still waiting.

The box was extremely damaged. Nowhere on the box does it say "Handle with Care". The speaker looks okay but the speaker grill is perforated in two locations. I can't test it because I ordered everything from Axiom (including the cables).

Very frustrated right now. Sorry guys, just had to vent.
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: Fed Ex Delivery - 07/28/10 06:45 PM
I hope your frustrations are directed in the right place; FedEx.

You mention that it doesn't say, "handle with care" on the box. Why should it? Do you know what that means to a delivery company? Nothing, it can't be read by their bar code scanners.

They load and handle everything the same way. Heavier objects hit the truck floor harder when they're tossed, that's all they know.
Posted By: RickF Re: Fed Ex Delivery - 07/28/10 06:47 PM
Sorry to hear about that Oscar. I've heard of folks receiving some unsightly boxes and even some damaged speakers over the years but it seems like the past couple of years have been relatively clean regarding reception of damaged goods ... hopefully it's just an isolated occurrence and the rest of your speakers will arrive safe and secure.

I do believe the newer packaging looks to be a lot better than five or so years ago.

Good luck my man.
Posted By: Scamp Re: Fed Ex Delivery - 07/28/10 06:53 PM
I would not accept delivery on a package that looked "extremely damaged".
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Fed Ex Delivery - 07/28/10 06:56 PM
Originally Posted By: Scamp
I would not accept delivery on a package that looked "extremely damaged".

Dealing with Axiom its OK to accept a box that looks extremely damaged upon arrival. When you open the box and if there is a problem they will do there best to take care of you and ship out a replacement as soon as possible.

As for any damaged goods during shipping, Axiom will file a damage claim with the shipping company for that package.
Posted By: grunt Re: Fed Ex Delivery - 07/28/10 07:09 PM
I work on the ramp next to Fed Ex and UPS. You don’t want to see what they do to packages. It’s all about time to them.

Also, I’ve know some package handlers who worked for both companies. No kidding, “Handle With Care” means to be extra rough on the package for some of them just to be spiteful for not making much money doing backbreaking work. It’s even worse during the Christmas season with temp help.
Posted By: grunt Re: Fed Ex Delivery - 07/28/10 07:17 PM
Almost forgot next time you should request a different delivery company:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=18959817#post18959817
Posted By: Tico Re: Fed Ex Delivery - 07/28/10 07:25 PM
Dumb question: Can I hook up the cable box, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 to my new Denon 4310CI (without the speakers) or should I just wait and hope that the rest of my speakers will arrive tomorrow? I've had the Denon for a week now (waiting for the speakers) and it's still in the box.
Posted By: RickF Re: Fed Ex Delivery - 07/28/10 07:29 PM
You can hook it all up Oscar ... you'll be a step ahead whenever the new digs show up.

I wouldn't connect any speaker wire though.
Posted By: Tico Re: Fed Ex Delivery - 07/28/10 07:31 PM
Thanks Rick. It will at least give me something to do to make the wait a little more bearable.
Posted By: franknbeans Re: Fed Ex Delivery - 07/31/10 06:07 AM
Same here, too! I just received from FedEx my VP 150 and one W22 (out of two ordered). The VP 150's box looked squished. Sure enough, when I opened the box, the corner of the speaker is crushed a little and de-laminated and two dents on the grill were found. The next day I received the rest of my order. I could fix the de-laminated corner with some black marker since I ordered the black finish or do you think I should ask for a replacement and a different shipping carrier? I am about to complete my HT and order a EP 500 and 2-3 pairs of the qs8's, can I request UPS as the carrier???
Posted By: CV Re: Fed Ex Delivery - 07/31/10 06:21 AM
You should definitely ask for a replacement, and I think you can request a different carrier. They used to use Purolator/DHL, and there were issues, so I asked them to use FedEx. I guess enough people had problems so they switched completely. I don't know how much good switching to UPS will be, but it's worth a shot. I know that in my specific area the FedEx packages generally look better at the destination than the UPS boxes, but I'm sure it varies wildly.
Posted By: franknbeans Re: Fed Ex Delivery - 07/31/10 06:32 AM
Thanks CV, I like our UPS guy, Scott. He knows my family by name and greets us that way every delivery. The FedEx guy can't even find my house let alone not damage my goods. Do I talk to Noreen for the replacement? I am remodeling my living room where my HT will be so I don't need the speakers for a week or two so the wait is no big deal.

Mike
Posted By: CV Re: Fed Ex Delivery - 07/31/10 06:34 AM
I would think Noreen would be fine, or call whoever is working the telephone this weekend.
Posted By: a401classic Re: Fed Ex Delivery - 07/31/10 01:23 PM
Originally Posted By: franknbeans
Thanks CV, I like our UPS guy, Scott. He knows my family by name and greets us that way every delivery.
Mike

Your UPS guy may care what happens to a package once it gets into his truck, it's the rest of the staff that you need to worry about. I've had both good and bad shipments from all the carriers. My speakers came by DHL and it looked like the Transformers had played soccer with the EP500 box, but it was unharmed.

Axiom will make good on the damaged speaker.

Scott
Posted By: BlueJays1 Re: Fed Ex Delivery - 07/31/10 01:42 PM
Originally Posted By: franknbeans
Same here, too! I just received from FedEx my VP 150 and one W22 (out of two ordered). The VP 150's box looked squished. Sure enough, when I opened the box, the corner of the speaker is crushed a little and de-laminated and two dents on the grill were found. The next day I received the rest of my order. I could fix the de-laminated corner with some black marker since I ordered the black finish or do you think I should ask for a replacement and a different shipping carrier? I am about to complete my HT and order a EP 500 and 2-3 pairs of the qs8's, can I request UPS as the carrier???

Ask for a replacement. Over time the corner that is crushed could encourage peeling of the finish. Not to mention you already have cosmetic damage.
Posted By: terzaghi Re: Fed Ex Delivery - 08/01/10 01:36 AM
If your denon is like my 3808 u will need to enable audio out via hdmi to get sound from the tv speakers... For mine, the default setting is not to send sound to the tv, but to the speakers instead (which makes sense)
Posted By: franknbeans Re: Fed Ex Delivery - 08/08/10 04:00 AM
I emailed Noreen about my damaged VP 150 and she sent out a new replacement, no questions asked. Gave me a return shipping label so I can return the damaged one. Thanks Noreen!!!
© Axiom Message Boards