Axiom Home Page
Posted By: CV Locking Casters - 08/15/10 06:43 PM
I'd like to build platforms for my EP800s to sit on that will roll around but lock into place when I want to position them more permanently. This would make playing with positioning a ton easier, but what drawbacks can you foresee? If I'm to proceed with the idea, does anyone have recommendations on a specific brand and model of locking caster that is nice and heavy-duty with smooth rolling action that is also big enough to roll easily on rugs/carpets?

Thanks for any suggestions you may have.
Posted By: CV Re: Locking Casters - 08/15/10 06:49 PM
Also, I don't want to start another thread, but does anyone have ideas for a sturdy base to raise my QS8 stands a foot or so that wouldn't look horrible and aren't terribly expensive?
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: Locking Casters - 08/15/10 08:54 PM
If you're going to be on carpet, try some of those silicon, furniture moving disks. You'd not have to build anything, and once you have the subs in their resting places, you just remove the disks from the corners.
Posted By: CV Re: Locking Casters - 08/15/10 09:05 PM
Well, they're on carpet right now, but in the future they may be on tile, or whatever we floor the basement with. There will also be rugs in the basement, but I'm not sure how those will be placed. Good idea to use the sliders for now. Which ones would you go for? Do they all work pretty much the same?
Posted By: ClubNeon Re: Locking Casters - 08/15/10 09:37 PM
Yeah, they're pretty much the same. Different diameters for different weights (listed on the package). Just get the cheapest ones.
Posted By: Ken.C Re: Locking Casters - 08/15/10 10:34 PM
The sliders work really well on hardwood, too.
Posted By: MarkSJohnson Re: Locking Casters - 08/15/10 10:35 PM
Just be careful of scratches from any grit on the floor....
Posted By: CV Re: Locking Casters - 08/15/10 10:40 PM
Are you speaking from experience?
Posted By: Murph Re: Locking Casters - 08/23/10 04:58 PM
Yes, but please don't ask him for pictures of the scratches. It wasn't the floor that got marked up. shocked
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Locking Casters - 08/24/10 05:12 PM
my grill has locking castors
Posted By: pmbuko Re: Locking Casters - 08/24/10 08:06 PM
Originally Posted By: sirquack
my grill has locking castors

The bean or the oil?
© Axiom Message Boards