Axiom Home Page
Posted By: kordeo What's your fav standard Axiom finish colour? - 08/24/10 04:11 PM
(Yes, that's how Canadians spell 'colour') :P

Just a pollish kinda question smile
ooooooooh. just saw the custom vinyl - high gloss burled walnut. mmmm, drool! anyone have a picture of these babies? I was thinking of going factory outlet, but now... hmm smile
This is just MY opinion...the walnut burl looks really nice on the smaller speakers(bookshelf) but I find that on the larger towers the finish starts to look rather "busy". Just my opinion.
Good point. I wish the samples were on bigger speakers since I'm interested in the M-80s.
Kordeo, if you click on the "photos" icon when you are on the store page for the M80's, you can check out loads of different finishes.
I agree. I have the HG Burled Walnut on my Audiobytes, but I can't imagine it on larger speakers.
Once I get a quick answer re: M22's, I intend to order Mansfield Beech with Warm tan Grille. I believe it is the best standard finish. The Mrs does not like the gloss cherry custom vinyl. frown
i know adrian, i just want more pics smile
light maple sure isn't getting much love
I voted for light maple.
Moi aussi! I like my Light Maples . . .

Cheers,
Alan
Black Oak.

I'm going for a "Speakers should be heard and not seen" theme.
My 6 year old Boston Cherry Epic system still looks as good as they did the day I got them. I have a dedicated HT room and watch 99% of my content in the dark. And, when I am not watching something in there, I am not in there.

Love the new finihes but probably funds could be better used elsewhere for me.

paul
Boston Cherry was the one I ordered...coz' my wife said it goes with our furnitures :-)
yes, i think i'll let my woman have some say in the matter since it'll be about the most important piece of 'furniture' in the house:)
I really like the Cinnamon Beech vinyl. It's not as pretty as one of the high gloss ones. I'm worried that the high gloss in the dark will reflect too much light and become noticeable.
It was a tossup between Maple and Mansfield Beech... ended up voting for Mansfield Beech, although most of my speakers are actually Maple.

I have a pair of M40s in Boston Cherry and don't like the colour at all. Go figure.
Posted By: CV Re: What's your fav standard Axiom finish colour? - 08/29/10 02:13 AM
I liked Boston Cherry fine until I kept seeing pictures of the HG Rosewood. Grrrrrr.
Originally Posted By: CV
I liked Boston Cherry fine until I kept seeing pictures of the HG Rosewood. Grrrrrr.

Then stop looking at pics of HG Rosewood. laugh
Posted By: CV Re: What's your fav standard Axiom finish colour? - 08/29/10 03:43 AM
Your evil dwarfs that of both Ken's and Rick's put together!
Grrrrrr.

Aaaargh.

Oh.

That wasn't a Buffy call and response?
My high gloss cherry veneer look great wink
Judging from the results of this survey I guess I can see why Axiom just cut out Mansfield Beech and Light Maple from their standard finishes frown
Can't speak for any of you, but none of our "furniture" is laminated with vinyl anything.

These products cost so much less than anything that sounds as good, even in real wood they're a huge bargain. I could have bought speakers for 3 times as much and, with some mfg's., still have gotten black vinyl (no choices).

So, stop your plastic whining, ya cheap bitches, and pony up for something that really looks like a first rate speaker that didn't come from BB.

An no one else lets you customize like Axiom, so your speakers could be something that is truly unique and way cool.

Appx. 8 species, 6 stain colors for each, three gloss choices, and 6 grille cover options.

Let 'em look as good as they sound. You'd just piss away the cost savings on 5 months of lattes anyway.
Posted By: CV Re: What's your fav standard Axiom finish colour? - 09/03/10 04:14 PM
I wonder what kind of finish 5 months of latte piss would create.
I wonder what kind of finish 5 months of latte piss would create.

wha?

snazzed
Posted By: CV Re: What's your fav standard Axiom finish colour? - 09/04/10 04:02 AM
Nothing.
Originally Posted By: kordeo
Judging from the results of this survey I guess I can see why Axiom just cut out Mansfield Beech and Light Maple from their standard finishes frown

I voted for, and have, the MB finish. The first time I found the Axiom website and saw Dave's system, I knew that was the finish for me. But then again, I'm not normal wink

Scott
with this being my first go round with Axiom speakers i have to say that i do like the Boston Cherry that i have. I would also like to say that if it was a shade or two darker and had some extra gloss on them, they would be perfect. Having said that, right now, they look so good and sound so outta this world that I'll love them just the way they are!
I think I prefer the Mansfield Beech to the Boston Cherry, but almost all of my stuff is in Vermont Maple. Other than the surrounds I have in Boston Cherry and Mansfield Beech.
I have Mansfield Beech because I thought it would be the best "standard finish" for hardwood floors.
© Axiom Message Boards