Axiom Home Page
Posted By: davidjr38 Question - 11/11/10 12:59 PM
Hello, hope I'm posting in the correct forum. I just replaced my old Pioneer VSX model with a Pioneer SC-35. It is hooked to a set of Bose 501s...yeah I know I'm showing my age. Something keeps drawing me to these Axiom systems. I'm considering the Grand Master 350 system. I don't mind paying for quality sound. Would this system be as good as I anticipate it to be, opinions please? Need convincing, so to speak. Drives me nuts not being able to hear before I purchase.
Posted By: casey01 Re: Question - 11/11/10 01:56 PM
Originally Posted By: davidjr38
Hello, hope I'm posting in the correct forum. I just replaced my old Pioneer VSX model with a Pioneer SC-35. It is hooked to a set of Bose 501s...yeah I know I'm showing my age. Something keeps drawing me to these Axiom systems. I'm considering the Grand Master 350 system. I don't mind paying for quality sound. Would this system be as good as I anticipate it to be, opinions please? Need convincing, so to speak. Drives me nuts not being able to hear before I purchase.

As it states at the top of this webpage, unlike most retailers, with Axiom you get a 30 day in-home trial period and if you don't like them just ship them back for a full refund.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Question - 11/11/10 02:16 PM
You may be able to find someone near you for an audition, check the "hearing things" forum or contact Axiom, they might be able to find someone in your area willing to give you a demo. If not, as casey mentioned, you have a 30 day trial if you place an order. You'd be responsible for shipping costs if you choose to send them back however.
Posted By: jakewash Re: Question - 11/11/10 07:57 PM
I would also suggest lookinf for through the auditions list for some one near by and if that doesn't work out then you still have the 30 day period in which to return your purchase, no questions asked smile

I went from Bose 201's and the difference in sound quality was very noticeable. Your 501's are slightly better with extra drivers but I suspect you will still find the clarity to be a very noticeable improvement.
Posted By: SirQuack Re: Question - 11/11/10 11:31 PM
Dave, can you describe your room size and listening habits (music or movies %) and how loud you listen, this would help.
Posted By: davidsch Re: Question - 11/12/10 12:19 PM
Originally Posted By: davidjr38

If there is no one close to you willing to let you audition, you might consider buying just the M22s first to see if you like the Axiom sound. You can buy the rest after you discover that you do! If you don't, then shipping is not too expensive to send M22s back.
Posted By: davidjr38 Re: Question - 11/13/10 02:08 PM
All,
Thank you for your replies. Been busy, life happens. I'm mainly music orientated, with some movies and television.
I enjoy listening to Rush or Stevie Ray Vaughn, in most cases with some "volume", usually accompanied by a Corona or 2. Room is 13' by 18’.
In working with the SC-35 this week I'm figuring out a few things and really starting to like it. I think what I' m really missing at this point is a center channel. (movies/television, enjoy hockey/football in HD!) I’m thinking a VP150 for now. Then a set of QS8s, M80s and the EP350.---subject to change of course, I think too much sometimes. LOL
Posted By: jakewash Re: Question - 11/14/10 06:09 AM
Nothing wrong with starting out by adding a center to your system as it is. I started with QS's and VP100 as my original order only to purchase M22's the following week because my original mains sounded very muddy next to the VP100 smile
© Axiom Message Boards