Axiom Home Page
Posted By: GregLee Russian maple? - 12/20/10 06:27 PM
What does the Russian maple vinyl finish look like? I ordered M80s with this, and now I'm worrying they will have a yellowish cast. I know I should have ordered a sample, but I didn't. The Axiom "customize" page gives a screen image that looks like what I want (medium brownish), but the EP500 photo gallery has a photo that makes Russian maple look yellow. Yuck.
Posted By: davidsch Re: Russian maple? - 12/20/10 07:34 PM
I can't help you as I have not seen that color, but I would call Axiom and have them hold your speakers until you look at a sample. I would not want them shipped to Hawaii if I were you unless I am sure the color will work.
Posted By: Adrian Re: Russian maple? - 12/20/10 07:47 PM
Agreed. Better to be sure with a sample and it's refundable($25) with purchase as I understand it.
Posted By: Argon Re: Russian maple? - 12/20/10 08:59 PM
The pictures are subjected to the accuracy of your monitor...I'd go with the sample - order several with different grills. You will be able to mix and match the grills and hopefully get the look you want.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Russian maple? - 12/21/10 12:13 AM
Call Axiom and ask them. Maybe they can better describe the color for you? Or tell you if it has a yellowish hue to it.
Posted By: SBrown Re: Russian maple? - 12/21/10 03:52 AM
Russian maple looks good to me. I was comparing the real wood maple and looked at the buttercup stain. Wow,now that's yellow

Nice choice!
Posted By: GregLee Re: Russian maple? - 12/21/10 03:32 PM
Thanks, S. I'm glad I could find one of you who has seen it.
Posted By: GregLee Re: Russian maple? - 01/19/11 09:55 PM
I decided to let my order for Russian maple vinyl stand, and my m80s arrived this morning. They look fine. Sort of orangish -- a light cherry I'd say -- but not yellow (as I feared). I wouldn't say it's my favorite-est wood-like finish in the world, but it comes reasonably close to matching the wood paneling in the room where it goes, which is what I was trying to do. Now, I've got to redo the color of my older M22 and QS8 light maple Axioms, and it appears that two coats of pecan varnish stain will come close.

So, thank you all for your helpful comments.
Posted By: St_PatGuy Re: Russian maple? - 01/24/11 12:29 PM
Sounds good, Greg. Glad they worked out for you.

Any pics of them you can share?
© Axiom Message Boards