Axiom Home Page
Posted By: spdracer M2's for surrounds? - 12/22/10 06:54 PM
Finally in position to replace my Athena surrounds to match up my M3's and VP100 centre. Would the M2's be good as surrounds?
Posted By: tomtuttle Re: M2's for surrounds? - 12/22/10 06:58 PM
They are wonderful speakers.

AND, conventional wisdom around these parts is that the excellent QS series speakers are worth the extra money.
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: M2's for surrounds? - 12/22/10 08:59 PM
I picked up a pair of M2s to use as surround speakers. I ended up with a pair of QS8s. There is no comparison. My unsolicited advice? Save a step. Go straight to the QS surrounds.
Posted By: jakewash Re: M2's for surrounds? - 12/22/10 09:37 PM
The M2's would be as good or better (tonal match) than any other direct radiating speaker depending on the other speaker it is compared to. As the others have mentioned a step up in surround envelopment is to buy the QS series and by most accounts the 8's are worth the extra money.
Posted By: spdracer Re: M2's for surrounds? - 12/23/10 02:46 AM
I'm sure the Qs speakers are great,just can't see spending more than I spent on my mains. Plus They have to be wall mounted and I'm limited to stands
Posted By: 2x6spds Re: M2's for surrounds? - 12/23/10 08:17 AM
you may want to look around for a pair of Mission 77DS surround speakers. They can be found used for about $100 a pair. They are wonderful and don't give up much to the QS surrounds.
© Axiom Message Boards