Axiom Home Page
Posted By: majik My Numbnutz move of the day... - 12/30/10 06:31 PM
I've been spending the last 20minutes fiddling with the settings on speaker config., audio setup (small/large/freq), trying all sorts of different options... I was enjoying all the different feedback I was getting from the axioms too... to then realize - when I switched from lfe to lfe+main - that there was no difference in bass levels... forgot that I had turned off the sub this morning to move it and never turned it back on! lol!! Oh well, off I go to try it again! Gotta just laugh at those brain-fart moments!
Posted By: Wid Re: My Numbnutz move of the day... - 12/30/10 06:40 PM

I've done something similar. I watched an entire Nickleback concert without turning my Rotel amp on for the M80s. The VP150 did a good job if I must say so myself.
Posted By: Dduval Re: My Numbnutz move of the day... - 12/30/10 07:09 PM
Originally Posted By: wid

I watched an entire Nickleback concert

No worries Rick, we won't hold that against you... grin

Dana
Posted By: grunt Re: My Numbnutz move of the day... - 12/30/10 07:16 PM
I went a whole week w/o my EP500 turned on until I put in a movie I knew had some very deep bass and didn’t feel the rumble. IMO not so much a brain fart at a credit to the bass capabilities of the M80s.

Posted By: RickF Re: My Numbnutz move of the day... - 12/30/10 09:01 PM
You guys are no doubt in league of your own, how many other folks could ever possibly do such a eff'n dumb thing?

Surly not me. grin
Posted By: Adrian Re: My Numbnutz move of the day... - 12/30/10 09:03 PM
Don't call Dean, Shirley.
Posted By: grunt Re: My Numbnutz move of the day... - 12/30/10 09:38 PM
Originally Posted By: RickF
You guys are no doubt in league of your own, how many other folks could ever possibly do such a eff'n dumb thing?

Surly not me. grin

Pilots? ? ? wink

Always love it when they call me saying “Chief such and such system isn’t working,” only to go up and point out to them that it works best when the switch is in the “on” position.
Posted By: grunt Re: My Numbnutz move of the day... - 12/30/10 09:39 PM
Originally Posted By: Adrian
Don't call Dean, Shirley.

Some day I’ll have to re-watch that movie when I’m not so drunk that I can’t remember any of it.
Posted By: RickF Re: My Numbnutz move of the day... - 12/30/10 09:58 PM
Originally Posted By: grunt

Pilots? ? ? wink

Always love it when they call me saying “Chief such and such system isn’t working,” only to go up and point out to them that it works best when the switch is in the “on” position.

Dean, those pilots obviously don't work for the same people that I do. My crew chief consist of a leatherman tool and a roll of duct tape and his name is RickF.

grin
Posted By: SirQuack Re: My Numbnutz move of the day... - 12/30/10 10:07 PM
Why not use autopilot

Posted By: grunt Re: My Numbnutz move of the day... - 12/30/10 10:08 PM
You’re right they are spoiled Air National Guard pilots who don’t bother to follow their checklists because “Books are for dummies.” Don’t get me wrong most of them are great people just wonder sometimes where they got their college degrees. wink

If it wasn’t for the avionic equipment a leatherman, speed tape and the ever useful “rag-wrench” are my most common tools. Gotta love 1950s technology.
Posted By: majik Re: My Numbnutz move of the day... - 12/30/10 11:13 PM
Pilots? ? ? wink

Always love it when they call me saying “Chief such and such system isn’t working,” only to go up and point out to them that it works best when the switch is in the “on” position. [/quote]

Please don't tell me that... I actually like the idea of travelling to the Caribbean... not so sure I'll still wanna get on planes after getting this kind of information!
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: My Numbnutz move of the day... - 12/31/10 12:09 AM

I've done something similar. I watched an entire Nickleback concert without turning my Rotel amp on for the M80s. The VP150 did a good job if I must say so myself.

Rick, you would have enjoyed the concert a lot more if you just had your sub on grin .
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: My Numbnutz move of the day... - 12/31/10 12:10 AM
Originally Posted By: Dduval

I watched an entire Nickleback concert

No worries Rick, we won't hold that against you... grin

Dana

I will smile wink
Posted By: Wid Re: My Numbnutz move of the day... - 12/31/10 12:27 AM
I watched it again with the amp on, much better the second time around smile
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: My Numbnutz move of the day... - 12/31/10 03:08 PM
I pity the fool wink smile .
Posted By: Dduval Re: My Numbnutz move of the day... - 12/31/10 03:46 PM

Posted By: Ya_basta Re: My Numbnutz move of the day... - 12/31/10 03:48 PM
That's awesome, Dana!
Posted By: Dduval Re: My Numbnutz move of the day... - 12/31/10 03:57 PM
I tried to find that video with a Nickleback song playing in the background... grin laugh
Posted By: Ya_basta Re: My Numbnutz move of the day... - 12/31/10 09:12 PM
That would be sacrilegious! smile
© Axiom Message Boards