Axiom Home Page
Hi Guys,

My local pawn shop has a CS(or CTS)-120 powered Axiom subwoofer. I don't recognize the model number, and can't seem to find any information online for it. I am hoping someone on here has some info. There aren't any power specs on the sub itself. It's front firing, and looks to have a 12, though the grill cannot be removed. They're asking $120 for it.

Can't pass by an Axiom without checking it out.

Thanks in advance guys!
I would call Axiom, I've heard of the vintage AX120 from back in the 80's, but never a CS or CTS. Are you sure it is Axiom Audio Canada, or some other company called "Axiom"?
The logo is the same as they use today. I saw the AX series as well. Maybe it's a knock-off?
I'm pretty sure I've heard of a CTS-120. I can't imagine it being worth $120, though.
Yeah, that price sounds high....
We can hope Alan spots this one, he might be able to shed some light on it.
Hi davemire and all,

Yeah, I agree, that price seems mighty high. If memory serves, the CS line from Axiom was a lower-grade low-priced line that Axiom built and distributed to some East-coast Canadian dealers, back when we had a Canadian B&M retail network. That was 10 years ago or more. A couple of my Axiom colleagues, JC or Brent, who were former Axiom retailers, may jump in and clarify this.

It was decent equipment but lower-priced than the Axiom premium speaker line. Kind of like the Merak speaker line-up we built for Radio Shack Canada's stores before the latter were renamed "The Source."

I checked equipment directories I edited back as far as 1987, when I was editor of Sound & Vision Canada, and there were only listings for Axiom's AX series of speakers.

Regards,
Alan
Wow, thanks Alan. That's some impressive history. I was definitely surprised by the seemingly lower built quality. I will pass, but continue to check out of curiosity about what that actually was.
© Axiom Message Boards